33- Out of Mind

“When I heard that my favorite student had change attitude over night, I had to come see for myself” Mrs. Adams said to Jimhaya and I.

We were sitting in her office after the dance practice which ended sooner than usual due to the fact that the teacher didn’t want to teach after he was choked by his student. Who can blame him? Anyway here we were now.

“I would like to have a session with you if you wouldn’t mind” Mrs. Adams continued “I am a curious woman and your mind is quite a puzzle. I want to see if you being in charge of the body changes anything to your mind”

“No problem, but I want you to bring Siana in too” She wanted me to do what now?

“I don’t know, it is quite dangerous to bring some else inside another’s mind, if she gets stuck-“

“She won’t” Jimhaya said with determination “We will be there”

“All right” Mrs. Adams reluctantly said. She beckoned me to sit beside them so we were in a triangle. “Siana, I’m sure you remember the meditation process of this ritual correct?” I nodded “Good, I want you to hold my and Jimhaya’s hand. That is good. I want you to close your eyes and relax. It won’t hurt. Now, here is the situation, whatever happens in there, you have to remember you are not part of it. I am your anchor to the real life therefor if you hear my voice, listen to it because it means you are losing yourself. And whatever happens, do not get lost. You must come back the way you came in is that understood” I nodded again “Good luck”

I closed my eyes and let myself relax in a mediated state. I heard the teacher say an incantation before everything went quiet.

I felt nothing at first. Frowning, I was not sure if it worked so I took a peek. Yup, it worked all right. I was standing in a forest clearing.  Mrs. Adams and Jimhaya were no longer there. The clearing was bright and alive with flowers and plants growing and a little stream passed ahead. When I looked up, the sky was dark and full of stars lighting the way. The contrast between the ground daylight and the dark sky surprised me but confirmed that I was in Jimhaya’s mind and everything was an illusion.

I frowned. There was something unsettling here that was making my hair on my arm rise. It was as I stood up that I noticed everything was frozen and empty. There were no animals and no wind. The water in the stream was not moving hence making no noise. I bent a lily with my finger and the flower stayed bent.

“I wouldn’t disturb the peace if I were you” I jumped in surprise and turned around to see jimhaya smiling at me. She tore her eyes away and looked around and waved her hand “Do you like it? We thought a nice place like this would be a good transition”

“It’s nice” I said without gazing away from her beautiful body. Jimhaya was wearing a black gown to her knees and she was not wearing any shoes. Her dark brown hair fell down her back in a natural flow. She held out her hand.

I walked towards her and placed my hand in hers where it belonged. She turned around and together we walked ahead. “Beware where you put your feet because they will show you the way back” she told me. Jimahay was very calm, like the clam before a storm and I knew I was not afraid. I knew I was safe because she was there.

Quite soon in our journey, the warm grass slowly disappeared and replaced with hard cold stone. The clearing had become a mountain. Not far away, where there was no more grass, was a slim figure. It was blurry and I had to quint hard to see it was a person. A lump formed in my throat afraid to know who was there. Jimhaya tugged my hand forward and smiled reassuringly at me but they never reached her eyes.

We got closer to the figure and I managed to identify her as Jimmy. Something was wrong. She was almost transparent, like a ghost. Her eyes were empty and sad. She was staring into space as she sat on the ground motionless. She only had a white dress on.