Chapter 5

Unedited 02/9/2021

Two weeks after Jesreen met the guys, she saw them all walk into 'Sip&lick', the diner she has been working for a little over one week.
"Good evening." Jesreen flashed her dazzling waitress smile.
"How have you guys been, can I take your order?"
"Hi beautiful," Bryan greeted, and after a minute of greeting and catching up, they all put in their orders.

Kevin could not keep his eyes off her face, her eyes were not so sad today. Although he can't understand why a beautiful, sexy, young girl like her is always wearing clothes bigger than her.

The more she tries to hide her body, the sexier she was. He would like to get to know her as Deon had mentioned the first time, he introduced her.

All the guys left school one year ago, except for the twins who left the year before, but they always hang out together. Kevin was nineteen and was hanging out before his 'surprise birthday party. His parents plan a birthday party for him every year. Every year they would ask the guys to take him out they so could set up without him knowing. Every year as they walk in, they hear a surprise!

He would act as if he was surprised.
He would hug and kiss his mother, letting her know how much he appreciates her. His family was not rich, but they were a close family. They had their other kids early and did not plan on having any more kids. Until Kevin surprised them when their then-last child was fifteen.

After he left high school he went to spend a year with his brother. He will be starting college in a few weeks as planned, just a few miles away.

Jesreen served them and when they were finished, she went to clear the table.
"What time are you getting off work," Kevin asked her. She looked at her time.
"In five minutes."
"Today is my birthday, I'm inviting you to my surprise birthday."
Jesreen could not help but laugh.
"You are inviting me to your surprise birthday party?"
"Yes, my mother throws me one every year. Please say you will come."
"Sorry, don't think I will be able to make it, but happy birthday. Enjoy your party."
"I don't think I will be able to," Kevin said with a sad face, laughter tingling in his eyes.
"Think about it, I'm going to give you my address, just in case you change your mind."

They paid their bill, tipped Jesreen, and left the diner. Kevin, hope she changes her mind. Kevin was taken aback when she laughed. It was one of the most beautiful sounds he ever heard.

Jesreen did not plan on going to the surprise birthday party but as she opened her door to an empty house, she could not help but think that she could enjoy a night out. She has not been anywhere except work and home since she came here.

She loves her new home; it is calm and comfortable. It reminds her of her mother. But it would not hurt her to go out now and then and make a few friends. She knew that being a single teen mother, she won't be able to when the baby comes.

She took a shower and put on a little makeup. She did not know what kind of party it was, she did not want to overdress, neither did she wants to underdress, so she settled for a jeans skirt and a cream tank top her mother gave her a few days before her father came back. Looking in the mirror, she decided she wasn't looking too bad.

She placed her hand on her belly which has not started bulging as yet, but she knows it won't be long before it does. She grabbed her bag and car keys before she changed her mind.

Kevin's house was not hard to find. Being a bit early, she parked the car a block away and enjoy the walk back in the summer air. Jesreen rang the bell and a beautiful woman in her late fifties opened the door. She looks like an older female version of Kevin.

"Hello, are you here for the party?"
"Yes, my name is Jesreen. I was invited by Sammy," she said, remembering Kevin said it was a surprise party.
"Come on in, they will be here any time now," she said looking up and down the streets. She introduced herself as Mrs. Henry, Kevin's mother.

Not long after they heard two cars pull in the driveway, Mrs. Henry peeked out.
"They are here, hide!"

A/n
I want to thank everyone for all the likes, votes, and follows. I hope you are enjoying this book as much as I am. Be safe out there♥♥♥