Chapter 25.5: Sweets are the best reward when you save someone!

Kein's POV

I was done sketching Rose while I was on my carriage.

As my eyes landed onto the pretty wrapped box that contained a delicious looking cream cake that Nigel and Vincent had prepared for me.

"I can't wait to eat it with Lenard."

I happily thought of the things we could do together after all this week away from him.

I think Vincent has already informed my aunt and uncle about me coming back 'home'.

I do not miss Aunt Haren. Not one bit.

"Ah right. The carriage is going into the city first. I should buy new shoes while I'm there." I looked down at my worn out shoes.

I can't believe Vincent said it'll turn into a talking puppet soon. Well, it is a little loose...

"Young miss, we're close to the city." The Coachman reminded me as I looked outside the window. The building was now coming into view as the carriage had now stepped inside.

I was using a guest carriage, thankfully one without a noble crest.

Once we have arrived safely, I get off the carriage carefully taking the cake with me.

I cradled it like a newborn baby because fuck I can't let it go to waste.

"Thank you, kind sir for bringing me here safely." I told the Coachman as I gave him a gold coin as a tip.

"A pleasure, miss. Be careful on your way now." He snapped his reigns as the horse neighed, trotting out of the way.

Alright, now to go shoe shopping.

I walked into the familiar city street with all the vendors calling out to my attention making me interested in all their wares.

You know, since we have plenty of gold for a moment, why don't I buy something I probably won't need right now but I'll surely need in the future.

Saving the shoe for last.

I went ahead and decided to browse some other items first. Shopping with Kein sure is fun.

"Little lady! Why don't you take a look at our finest jewelry? We have many very talented jewelers making our products these days. Surely one can catch your eye!" (Stall vendor)

Oh? Is that so?

The voice of that one old man in the stall drew me in so I decided to take a look. "Young master! Welcome! Welcome! Look around!"

Wait? Young master? I pointed a finger to myself and then realized. Oh, right I was wearing boy's clothes.

And this is Vincent's fancy clothes- I forgot to change into commoner clothes-

I must've been mistaken as a rich young master now. "Sorry but I'm actually a girl." I told him. The stall vendor panicked and immediately apologized for assuming. I told him it was okay and just decided to browse his wares.