𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴

☼

Their next mission came sooner than expected. It was near the North Pole, and they were knee-deep into snow. They split into two teams to find the leader quicker. Natasha was with Steve and Vision. Sam was with Anya and Loki.

Sam's team finds the leader first, and all three of them try to fight off the other men, who seem to be sorcerers as well. While Sam and Loki were occupied, Anya walks up to the leader with a menacing look.

"Where are the children?"

The hooded man squints at him. "I know you. You're one of Zola's lab rats."

Anya rolls her eyes. "Why does everyone say that? Dude was dead before I met him." She doesn't wait for him to respond by blasting him with fire.

However, the blast only bounces from him and attacks her. Anya yells as she falls from the tall railing and braces herself for impact. Yet it never comes.

She opens her eyes and sees Loki holding out his hand to her, his face is straining as he struggles to carry her with his magic while fending off a few enhanced people trying to murder him.

Anya feels herself gently be lowered to the ground and she stands, looking up at Loki and Sam. The mountain they were in begins to crumble. Anya can see Sam flying with his metal wings, yelling for Anya. Sam tries to get in, but the debris becomes too much. Anya braces her head again, until someone drops beside her and grabs her by the waist to pull her back, pushing her forward. They fall on the ground inside a hollow area.

Heavy rocks begin to crumble downwards on them, trapping them inside a small opening. The huge rocks block the entrance and as Loki uses his magic to push, the green light from his hand fizzles out.

"No," Loki widens his eyes as he watches his hands. "No, no, no, no!"

"Step back," Anya pants and uses her fire, but the rocks slip down even further as she tries, so Loki yells in panic for her to stop. The rocks will crush them both to death if she uses her flames.

They both lean against the wall, and Loki clutches his side in pain. Anya goes to him and sees the blood on his ribcage.

"Oh, God, um..." Anya rips the bottom half of her shirt, but Loki stops her. "Loki, you're bleeding."

"I... I will heal in a few minutes. Give me some time." He wheezes out.

"What's happening? Why can't you use your magic?"

Loki winces, clutching his wound. "The enhanced. They... they're sorcerers. They must have put runes in the facility before their escape. In a given space, only the sorcerer who cast the runes can use magic."

Anya doesn't even know what runes are. "Sam called for help. We're going to be okay." The temperature in the room continues to decrease and Anya shivers from the cold.