8. "brainstorming"

Sierra

Sierra

I fucking hate my life.

Kaydon mother-fucking Murphy is my partner for this two week project. How fun!

I sped out of that classroom like Lightning Mcqueen from Cars. I almost tripped on air. I need Cameron and Parker but they're in class. Fuck you, schedule.

It was only 12 so far so I headed into the library.

I shut the door quietly and waved to Mrs. Chester, the librarian, and walked to a nearby table. I set my backpack down and laptop and rested my head in my hands. My breathing became shallow as my heart kept on hammering against my chest. The sound of my heartbeat was the only thing I was focused on in my head. Tears started forming my vision and breathing became difficult. The feeling of being trapped was suffocating me and all I could do was quietly breathe.

Not again.

Close your eyes, 1, 2, 3, like mom said.

I felt a weight on my shoulder and I flinch forward nearly causing my laptop to fall off the table.

"What the fuck do you-" I turn and see Kaydon staring at me with a concerned look on his face. I let out a frustrated sigh and faced the table again.

Alright well we're doing this cliche style. Meeting the guy in a library! Fun!

He sat down and played with the straps of his backpack. "Are you okay?" he looked up to hopefully have a conversation with me.

No and you know that.

Kaydon and the groups knows about hyperventilating and stressed out moments like this. I don't know what it is but it happens whenever I'm anxious, scared, angry, or just nothing. The biggest one I had was when my dad yelled at me for not getting a good grade on my test in math. It was a rough day for him and well, the result wasn't pretty.

**
11 years ago

I open the door and skipped into the kitchen with my friends behind me as they talk about their day. I sat down and grabbed a banana to snack on.

"What was your score?" my dad asked and he grabbed the paper from my hand. The test was pretty tough but I was the highest in the class!

B+. I'm so cool.

"She did so good, I practically failed!" Blake took giant gulps of water and wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Everyone looked at my dad and my mom looks concerned.