The Lost Truth

Ariana's pov

I stood firmly in front of the World Tree that was shining with a blinding light.

"I keep my promise."

"......."

Contrary to words, silence was the only response I receive.

Waiting for a reply, the memories of the past flashed through my mind.

The story started a long, long time ago like any other fairytale.

There was a sacred tree called The  World Tree. It watched over the human world but it didn't muddle in their affair.

Watching over the human, a question popped up in its mind.

'What does it feel like to be loved?'

The questions remained unanswered even after hundred years had passed.

Then, a human with red eyes that didn't belong to this dimension appeared in front of the World Tree.

That jerk roasted the tree in the fire, broke its limbs and took them before leaving with a nonchalant face.

Unknown to that man, a part of the World Tree that was broken became a soul. And a chance came by to find the answer to the question.

That soul was named 'Ariana'.

Yes, that was me.

I made a promise with the World Tree before being reborn into the human world.

After my life ended as a human, I'll be absorbed into my main body, the World Tree. That way, both of us will be able to know the feeling of being loved.

And my soul travelled toward the body which I'll be loved.

Then, an unexpected accident occurred.

The soul was broken in half during the journey toward the body. And only half of the soul arrived into the correct body.

The other half, that was my past life, entered into the wrong body and lived a miserable life. There was no happiness in life with a body that rejects the soul and drowns in an incurable illness. It was a miracle itself that I was able to live until 16.

After dying, my soul arrived in front of the World Tree.

I, who wasn't able to be loved was given another chance. The World Tree who pities my unfortunate life gave me a chance to choose another life.

_What is your wish?

At that time, there was no hesitation in my voice which was fulled of determination.

_That woman. The woman who loved me was like a real mom. Let's me be born as her child.

_.....

_It's okay even if we can't meet. Let me do things that will bring her happiness.

_Are you sure you are okay with this?

_Yes, I won't regret my decision.

And I was sent into the dimension where I can be reborn as her daughter.

That was the imperial family of the Obelian Empire. And my mother was Diana.

But the World Tree warned me a fact which I can't be forgotten.

If I touched a part of the World Tree, I'll be absorbed back into the main body and my body will become an empty shell without a soul.

That was the current situation in which I was standing in front of the World Tree right now. But...