chapter four

TW: murder, graphic descriptions of crime scenes, mention and feature of serial killers, mention and usage of guns, mention of sexual assault, mention of terrorists, details of torture, racist ideologies from criminals, mild language, police presence.

the tribe, part two of two.

" it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. " - mark twain.

-

Genevieve had taken the ambulance with Ingrid and had just received a text that Spencer and Derek were coming to meet her and that they were to question her together. She had been trying to get Ingrid to talk, but the doctor's had A that her efforts were likely in vain.

She looked up as the door opened, and Spencer walked in.

"Hey," She said, her eyes flitting behind him very quickly to search for a sign of Derek.

"Morgan's taking a call outside," He explained, catching her glance. "Has she said anything?"

"She won't talk to me. I can't even get her to tell me my name, let alone get her attentive enough for a cognitive interview,"

"Maybe it's because she recognises you from the van. It's a long shot, but maybe she'll talk to me because she hasn't met me before," He suggested, putting his bag down by the leg of her chair. "Hi, Ingrid. My name's Doctor Spencer Reid, and I'm with the FBI-"

"Griesen, Ingrid," The blonde interrupted him softly. "943239487,"

Genevieve and Spencer exchanged confused looks.

"Ingrid, what did you say?"

"Griesen, Ingrid. 943239487," The girl said, a little more sharply

"Nine digits. That's her social security number," Genevieve concluded. "Try to see if you can get more out of her, I'll go tell the team,"

She walked outside, and looked around, to see Derek walking up the hall towards Ingrid's room. He noticed her and quickened his pace a little.

"What's going on?" He asked as soon as she was in earshot.

"She's talking to Spencer now," She said, pulling out her phone.

"What's she saying? Anything about her dad?"

"Not exactly," She said, dialling Hotch. He picked up on the first ring, and she put him on speaker.

"Hotchner,"

"Ingrid's talking," She said. "But she's answering to everything with her name and social security number,"

"Like a prisoner of war," The senior profiler muttered.

"And there's more," Derek said, as Spencer joined them from inside the room. "Garcia did some checking. Ingrid hasn't been enrolled in school for over a year. Her grades were good. Just suddenly dropped out and vacated her campus apartment. She left no forwarding, Hotch. We've got no idea where, or how she's been living,"

They could hear his sigh on the other end of the line as all four drew the same conclusion.

"Thanks. Get on your way back here, we've clearly got some new angles to look at,"

+++

Hotch, Gideon, and Blackwolf had taken Ingrid to the new crime scene - Roy Minton's home. His family of five had been murdered the same way the teenagers had, and the three had taken her there in hopes of triggering a thought process or scaring her into giving them information about the cult that she had joined.