Chapter 6: A Tiger Can't Change It's Stripes

*Trigger warning!*

Chapter 6

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she trudges towards the kitchen, vowing not to let Carlos and his manipulative hands anywhere near her. Although he's a cold-hearted bastard, she knows that she played just as much of a part in last night romp as he did. And it's all the fault of her damned self-resolve around him. One kiss and she's gone. Clearly with her self-control lacking, there's only one thing she can do and that's to maintain her distance with him.

"Eek!" she squeaks in surprise seeing him sat there in his suit sipping what smells like coffee.
"Good, you're up."
"Clearly but what are you doing here?" she responds passively moving towards the coffee pot herself and pouring the liquid gold.

"Taylor will be arriving shortly but before that there are a few things I need to discuss with you," he states.

She spins around at that statement, perching opposite him and raising an eyebrow.

"Discussing? I don't think you have the capability of doing that Carlos, without being a total asshole."

His eyes narrow but he silently slides towards a few things on the counter towards her. The removal of his large hand reveals to Lola a few surprising items. Ones she had no idea that he'd ever consider giving to her.

"What is this?" she whispers.

"Cash, change and credit card. The piece of paper has the pin number for it on, memorise it then tear it up. There's a $500 limit on it, if you go into overdraft, I will know."

Limits? Credit card? Money? What?

"What is this for? I don't understand."
She can comprehend he's letting her leave the house but is he seriously giving her a spending allowance?! That's outrageous! She's not some kid.

"You have an interview tomorrow, I expect you will need some formal wear. And any other necessary items that were missed during your transition."

She glares at him for that, "I don't want your blood money. I have my own money-"

"No, no, you have no money to your name piccola," he snorts with amusement, "everything that is yours is mine. I said I would not kill your father, not clear his debt. Besides, the money on there is also expected to go towards the purchase of groceries and household goods; which you will now be expected to take care of."

Lola can't help staring at the cash (physical and non) before her. Who wouldn't want the free cash? But this isn't just some hand-out. This money wasn't acquired through legal, moral means. He gotit from his mob activity-from killing and torturing people. How can her conscious possibly be okay spending this? And it's not like she has a choice. She does need some formal wear and she could do with some make-up, plus accessories too.

"Or I could just go back and get the rest of my stuff," she pipes with a sudden thought. Plus that way she could see her father as well.

"Not a chance. Taylor's been instructed specifically as well not to let you anywhere near there, or anywhere downtown for that matter."

She slumps in her seat, so much for that idea. Maybe though...maybe she can somehow give them the slip. How hard can it possibly be? If Bella Swan and Oliver Queen can do it, then surely she can as well. Besides, isn't it just as simple as going to the bathroom and slipping out a window? Hope rises in her chest again; this would be a great opportunity. There are many ways she can trick a male baboon, especially as a female. A small smile appears on her lips as the ideas start flowing. Lingerie purchasing, Ob-Gyn appointments...easy.