35. Saviour

AARON

The moment I started the car to drive out of the resort, Dylan appeared on my way in front of the car, making me immediately push the break. I got out furiously, went to him and pushed him with a jerk.

"Do you want to die?", I yelled.

"No. And I don't want you to die either. When you're angry you drive like a maniac."

"So, what should I do huh? Let her leave me again?"

"I have an idea, to call her back.", he said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"What?", I said.

Then he apprised everyone of this plan and we played our roles in the act.

Rachael called Lett's secretary and obtained her spare number. Amelia's part was to call Lett.

She didn't pick it however. So next, Amelia sent a voice message. We were relieved when the message was marked as seen.

Then I got to my room and they wrapped my shoulder to make it look... broken.

"Why the shoulder, y'all could've fractured my leg or something.", I asked Dylan.

"Believe me, she won't be able to resist your hot shirtless look. That would be so helpful. You'll definitely thank me later.", Amelia grinned.

"I still feel this is a bad idea.", I argued.

"Because this is a bad idea.", Alex supported me.

"Do you have any other better idea?", Riley asked.

"Please stop repeating the word 'idea'.", Rachael air quoted.

"I could've contacted the airport and delayed the flight.", I opined.

"No doubt, he could've done it.", Dylan said in a bored tone.

"You're so mean and selfish. Why should hundreds of people suffer your mistake? Lett would have been even more angry.", Amelia preached.

"Is it really you speaking words of wisdom?", I furrowed my brows. That's strange!

"Mean skunk!", Amy rolled her eyes.

"He's mean since childhood Amy. You know, he even tried to postpone our wedding date because of his launch event.", Rachael complained.

"Seriously? What type of big brother you are man?", Amy sided with Rachael.

"Oh come on. That wasn't even half as bad as accusing Lett of stealing the prototypes.", Dylan mentioned shocking Amy.

"What?!! You...", she looked beside her, picked up a wooden pen stand and hurled it at my head. I ducked, but yet earned a cut on my forehead. No offense taken... I know I deserve it.

Dylan pulled her back, as she tried to march forward to probably punch me.

"You asshole! You accused my Lett? Dylan why didn't you tell me before?", she yelled, trapped under Dylan's hold.

"Please stop baby. We can chop him off later. Him remaining in single piece is the need of the hour!", Dylan said and she slowly halted.

Sticking a bandage on the fresh cut glorifying my forehead, Alex said, "Now that looks more realistic. For the first time... thanks Amy."

"You're welcome.", she acidly replied, glaring me.

"Let's see if it works. Thankfully he didn't say anything offending to Lett today.", Alex said, folding his arms.

"Um... I think I did.", I confessed, making all stare at me with wide eyes.

"What did you say?", Jacob asked.