Chapter Twenty-nine: Milk Sickness

"...Milk Sickness" I stated, they all looked at me confused.

I was right, I checked his body one more time and tried a healing purification spell which I modified to accomodate his condition.

He glowed a golden hue before it vanishes. Color returned to his face and I checked, no more abnormalities. 

He finally managed to open his eyes and his wife jumped into his arms sobbing.

"Don't you dare leave me, Frant!" She cried while hitting him. Once she calmed fown she faced me and kneeled.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, so much!" She cried.

"No no no!, no need to kneel! Please get up!" I panicked, me and Mirielle helped her up. I noticed she had a proud look on her face.

The lady, whose name was Rint, hugged me and repeatedly said thank you. I asked her if this was what ws happening all around the Kingdom she said she didn't know but it was occuring here near the capital.

I greeted her goodbye and we all rushed out to help other peolple. I explained to the gang wht was going on.

"What's milk sickness, Elvi-chan?" Ophelia asked.

"Its the disease you get when you frink milk from a cattle, cow, horse or any animal that produces milk from that has injested or been grazed by a snakeroot plant." I explianed.

They were shocked but let me continue

"It contains high levels of toxins, What confuses me is that you cannot touch these plants. They are poisonous that any living creature can  die from being just grazed by it.

Add to it is the fact that it cannot live in a climate like what Kinsleigh Kingdom has. You would need to add magic to keep it alive even just for a day."

" That means, someone setted this up." Clementine stated as she stared at me.

"Exactly. I need to make an antidote quickly and make several copies to send to the hospitals,medicinal clinics and shops. Once injested, you wil have a time limit of two to ten days before untimely death." With that I used my alchemy skills.

It took me thirty minutes to successfully produce the first bach of antidotes and I setted out a copy of each and the recipé,

I made sure to sign, to show it was credited to me so if there were any complications, I would be the one to carry the burden and I was willing to do so. Each of them took one crate and went to send it and distribute.

Soon more antidotes were distributed and you could hear people's cries of happiness.

It took us all night to successfully distribute everything. What worries me is if what was hapoening in this town was occuring in the capital as well.

The nine of us gathered together and I gave them more copies and ome teleportation scrolls so we could check other parts of the Kingdom. I went for the Capital.

It was still in the middle of the night. When I reached the capital, good Lord I was right. Here it started three days ago. Fxck!

I hurridely went and handed to the alchemist the recipé and they were overjoyed to finally figure out the cause. I helped in making more potions until I heard the news that made my blood run cold.

"The Third Prince is dying! We need the antidote immediately!"

I dropped everything I had on my hands, I wore my cloak and mask and teleported to my precious brothers' room.

I was met with my distraut parents and doctors.

"Intruder!" The guard yelled but I used my magic to stop him. I was not in the mood for this.

"Stop, I can help" I said.

"Who are you?! How can we trust you, for all we now you are an assasin!" The other guard yelled. My Father was leaking out his magic aura to supress me while my mother had an odd look in her face.

"Do you want him to die or not?! Please! Just let me help him!" I raised my voice and begged.

"Let her do it." My Father commanded .

"If you failed to do so, You shall be executed." He said coldly while glaring at me.

I didn't wait any further and grabbed my brothers hand. Dear God, he's so cold.

I chanted my spell and he glowed a brighter golden hue compared to the spell I enchanted on the man earlier, this was a higher grade spell. He managed to open his eyes.

Color was brought back to his face and I couldn't help but hug him. He was startled but before anyone else could react I broke away. I hurridely took out my journal and the memory card of my phone filled of my pictures and my adventure. I didn't took any shots of my friends, only myself.

I grabbed my mothers hand and my father was outraged, I was quicker and gave it to her before taking one last glance before teleporting away.

I collapsed on the floor, thanking every God and Cornelius for allowing me to be on time to save my dear brother. I got my self together again and decided to push my feelings away and help first.

To be Continued . . .