4. Dinner

A knock is placed on my door and it slowly opens, "Miss?" My maid, Lydia, walks in

"Yes?" I put away my dairy and stash it in my draw as I turn to Lydia.

"Mr Grayson has said that guests are coming over this evening, in about twenty minutes." I sit up on the bed.

"Do you know whose coming over?" I ask her.

"I only know that the rest of the men and women have been sent home." Weird.

"Okay that's fine, thank you." She starts to close the door but opens it again.

"Oh I'm sorry, here's an evening gown for you to wear." She walks inside and places the gown on my bed.

I flash her a smile, "Thank you very much Lydia, you are by far my favourite worker here."

"Oh I'm just a maid-"

"No, you are a highly paid worker and now you are getting a pay rise." I cut her off, Lydia has always been nothing but kind to me so I treat her the same way, the workers in this house get paid at least five zeros.

"Well thank you, goodbye." She smiles and makes her way out of my room. Today I decided on staying in my room and doing shit all.

Normally I would be out in the city, searching for recruit but one day off doesn't hurt anyonee.

I stand up to wash my face, brush my teeth and then take a shower. After my shower I dry myself off and spray deodorant as I put my hair up in my towel.

I pull the dress over my head, it was a simple black maxi dress with a 'V' at the rim and a large slit starting mid thigh, it reached my ankles.

I pair it with matte black heels and do light makeup, I put light waves in my naturally brown hair.

I check the time and it's been thirty minutes since Lydia called me, I'm late. Oh well.

I make my way down the grand stairs and into the dining room, there sits Amelia, Braxton, my uncle, aunt and Vanessa with three men and a women. "And this is my niece, Delaynie." Merick announces and the guests heads turn to me.

"This a civilised dinner Delaynie, no arguments." Merick tells me having seen the look on my face, I sit down in the seat in front of the hot Italian man. .

"Lovely to meet you Delaynie, I'm Hadeon, Drystan's uncle, this is my wife Klara, Ryen and Drystan." Hadeon introduces me, and then it clicks.

Drystan fucking caliban.

And I just called him hot.

"Pleasure." I turn my gaze to Drystan who had his eyes fixed on me. He had combed back, black hair and grey eyes. He had a large scar travelling from his left eyebrow, across his nose, and ended at the corner of his lip, heeled but not faded. He had light stubble on his jaw. Why does he have to be so hot?