Chapter- 10

Chapter- 10 (Hirata's POV)

The next event was the Tug of war. First year boys went first, another event for the Red team versus White team. Ryuuen's evil face was flashing in my head, he was targeting Sudou; our key player.

Sudou is getting bullied and I am not able to do anything, I must take preventive measures to protect him next time.

"Are you ready?" Kanzaki asked me, as if testing my spirit.

"Yes. We can't afford to lose this one."

Even though my spirit was disturbed it was nowhere near extinction.

"Glad to hear that."

"There won't be any physical contact present, so we will rely purely on our strength."

"Yes, we are safe this time. But we shouldn't take a lax approach."

The first round began, the signal went off and we pulled the rope the way we had practiced. For the first few moments we were doing good, but then suddenly we were pulled suddenly power surged from the other side.

"Put your back in it!" Sudou yelled at the top of his lungs. But it was futile, we were slowly dragged until we lost.

"Hahh, Hahh. It feels like all my power went down a drain." Shibata said.

"I think we should copy their arrangement." Kanzaki said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Look at them, they are aligned according to their height."

I noticed the same when Kanzaki pointed it out, Katsuragi would be the one who would've come up with this idea. But this cooperation between his own class and on top of that with Ryuuen's class seems suspicious.

"Okay, this time let's line up according to our height." I said.

"That won't do us any good, what are ya trying to do?"

"Sudou, there is no harm in it. Go back at the end of the rope."

For a moment Sudou stared at me and then answered.

"We better not lose this time." He parted with those words, I realized that I had dropped the honorifics by mistake.

The signal shot off and the next round began.

"And pull! And pull!"

It took us a little time, but this time victory smiled at us. Ryuuen put his hand on his waist and analyzed the situation for a moment.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes! We won!" Sudou's celebration could be heard from behind.

Without wasting any time the next round began. Props to our teamwork we were winning again, the feeling just before victory was there.

"Halt!"

Just before the flag was about to cross the line suddenly we fell down on the ground as the resistance we were facing switched off.

We fell down on our butt, it hurt a lot since we were pulling with a lot of force.

"Ouch."

"Jerks, don't screw with me!" Our team was in chaos again, we had won but it didn't feel like it.

"Congratulations, you have grabbed a useless victory." Ryuuen extended his hand to me. I slapped his hand away and got up.

"Stop this Ryuuen, for the last two games your attitude has been unsportsmanlike."

"How does it feel, Hirata? You can't stop me neither can you help the victims." Ryuuen said in a low voice almost like a whisper.

I clenched my fist anger, those words triggered me but I must keep my cool in face of obvious provocation.