68

Quick little note before the chapter starts, skip it if you don't want some kinda sappy crap.

I can't believe that it's finished after so long. I struggled with this chapter for DAYS, trying to decide if it was good or not. In the end, I stopped fighting myself and just went the way that I liked, and I hope you guys like it too. If you don't, too bad.

Because this was the first thing I've ever written outside of school, I never expected to receive as much love and support as I have. I'm so incredibly grateful and I love all of you so much. Everyone who's been here since the beginning, I give you extra thanks because my writing was ROUGH when this first started. I appreciate that you found the strength to keep going.

The first chapter of Loveless (Dabi x Reader) will be uploaded within the next couple of weeks. I'm super excited for you guys to read it!

Again, I love you all so much. And without further ado, enjoy the final chapter of Any Last Words!

—————-

Your body was overcome by the powerful sensation rushing through your veins. Your sight, your smell, they were gone, you could sense nothing other than All For One's power beginning to take root. You fought, with every ounce of strength that you could muster, you fought, but it quickly became clear that it was no use.

Were you screaming? You felt stinging in your throat but could hear nothing over the sound of your thundering pulse and the ringing in your ears.

The power began to spread, tearing through every fiber, every cell within your body and replacing it with one of its own. The pain was unlike any other that you'd felt before, and it only worsened as you continued to fight against it. The power grew, not stopping even when your body reached the point where it could hold no more. It continued even as you became sure that you would burst.

Your physical limits were broken, time and time again in a matter of seconds. The torture you'd endured during the month you'd spent in captivity paled in comparison to what was happening to you right now. The power clawed at your resolve, using needle-sharp talons to rip it away piece by piece until you could bear the pain no longer.

And you gave in.

-----------------------

Bakugou's POV:

There was nothing he could do.

No matter how hard he fought against Shinsou's quirk, no matter how badly he wanted to run forward as he watched you collapse onto the ground, he could do nothing other than what he was told.

Scooping the crying girl into his arms, Bakugou ran. He ran past the villains, through the doorway leading to the outside, and he didn't stop running even as your screams filled the air, the sound filled with such raw, immense, pain that he could feel pierce through his chest.

Eri struggled in his arms, "we need to go back! Don't leave her there just to save me, please!"

Bakugou didn't respond, only holding her tighter as he continued running to the car parked up ahead. He needed to focus on getting Eri somewhere safe. Once he did that, he would have done what Shinsou said and could begin forming a plan to get you back.

The muscles in his legs began to burn as he pushed himself to run faster. He'd made it to the dirt road and each step he took caused his foot to sink into the sand, but he refused to let himself be slowed down.

The car was thankfully in the same place where it had been left, and there were no signs of tampering, All For One seemed to be genuine about his promise to let him and Eri leave. He'd gotten what he wanted, so there wasn't a point in doing anything else.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬? (𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) 🎉