6: Northern Air Temple

People have started reading my story and voting which makes me really happy ! Thank you so much !!!

*next day*

A new day had arisen. Kitiara was up early meditating and enjoying the peace of the morning in the patio.

" I spoke yesterday with mother. " Opal spoke sitting next to her cousin.

" And ? "

" I told her that I wanted to go with you to the Northern air temple and she allowed me to do so. We can leave whenever you wish. I am ready. " The young air bender informed the warrior.

The kyoshi warrior smiled. " I am glad hearing that. I will go and pack my things. Meet me in the stable in two hours. "

Opal nodded. " I will be there. "

***

Kitiara was packing her things. She wouldn't need much, considering the fact that they would go in a place which already possessed whatever she may needed.

Having done her bags for the trip. Kitiara run toward her bison to prepare him for flight.

When she completed the job, she went to the kitchens to have some quick breakfast.

She looked at her watch. She had still an hour.

She knocked on the door of her mother's chambers and waited her to open it.

A sigh was heard from the other side of the door.

Opening the door, Lin peeked at her daughter. " Don't you have better things to do except of waking me up ? "

Kitiara rolled her eyes. " Did you prefer to enter your room without knocking and start whispering you things while you were sleeping ? Just like I was doing when I was small and you were always reprimanding me ? "

The Chief's face went pale. " No, no. I like this one. Anyway, why did you wear your armor ? "

The warrior hugged her mother. " Me and Opal are leaving. Love ya. "

The officer hugged her daughter back. She knew that this moment would come sooner or later. " Love ya too, sweetheart. "

" Please, be careful. And don't try to kill Su now that I won't be around. "

Her mother laughed. " No. I won't. Thanks for taking care of me after my blackout. "

" You are my mom. You would have done the same. Right ? " The air bender teased her mother.

" Who do you think that was taking care of you when you were a baby ? Tenzin ? I'm sorry but if I don't watch out for the girl that was created in me, that's right, you were created inside of me, little one, you are even a copy of me in a younger age, then I am one of those stupids who abandon their children. "

" You were a loving mother. Even if Korra didn't believe me when I told her this. I am your week spot mommy. " Kitiara commented grinning.

" Yes, you are kiddo. " The policewoman kissed her forehead.

" Now, go. And remember, mom loves you more than anything in the world. " The woman added pulling away.

The warrior took a second to peer at her mother. " I know, mom. I love you too. " And with those words, the young woman disappeared in the corridor.

***

Kitiara wished good bye to everyone, Kitiara air bended to sit on the bison and took the bridles.