tonks

~*~*~

~*~*~

"nymphadora is a stupid name."

~*~*~

communication wasn't regulus', nor james', strong suit. they were constantly buying furniture for the house to surprise the other which left them with one sofa too many and one time, regulus bought a new kitchen table only to find james had bought the exact same one without telling him. so when regulus agreed to take nymphadora to go shopping for her third year school books and supplies and when james agreed to take draco for the day, on the same day, they realised they really had to talk more about their plans.

"do you want to go watch the tv with draco?" asked regulus towards nymphadora, she scowled at him and rolled her eyes.

"i'm thirteen, regulus, i don't want to watch stupid cartoons," she replied, getting up from her seat at the table with a huff whilst regulus decided against summoning a gust of wind to push her out the door.

"is she already at the teen angst phase?" asked james when he came into the kitchen, he had walked passed nymphadora who scowled at him too when he asked her to go sit and watch draco.

"apparently so," said regulus as he rubbed his hand over his face, "i'm glad i didn't have a phase like that."

"you didn't have an angst phase?" asked james as he doubled over in laughter, planting his hand on regulus' shoulder so he could keep himself up, "you- you really- stop it, reggie. you were the advocate of the angst faze."

"i was not," regulus protested, albeit he sort of cringed as he thought more about his school days.

"yeah, sure," james said, wiping his eyes under his glasses as he began crying with laughter at regulus' denial, "oh, by the way, nymphadora insists we call her tonks."

"she wants us to call her by her surname?" regulus questioned as he put draco's baby bag on his shoulder, he wasn't much of a baby anymore as he was six but narcissa still treated him as such and so regulus complied, "what is she, james bond?"

"i don't think she likes her name," james said quietly as they left the kitchen to go fetch the children.

"understandable," regulus replied, james chuckled begrudgingly at regulus' ruthless jokes, "i would've offed myself if that was my name."

"reggie," muttered james to which regulus smiled and scooped up draco onto his arms and with a flick of his finger, the tv went off and they headed to the fireplace to go to diagon alley.