Chapter 16: The Yule Ball

Y/n's POV:

It's been about two weeks since our shopping trip in Hogsmeade. I've hardly left my dorm room except going on my usual walk with Ginny and Hermione. I couldn't bare to look at Fred knowing I still had immense feelings for him but he moved on to someone else.

I didn't realise it was Christmas Eve today, tonight was the Yule Ball and I'm really excited to dance with Cedric. I decided to find him. I roamed the corridors to find him. I went into the library to find him there reading about how to dance.

"Hey Cedric" I whispered in his ear.

"Geez y/n, you made me jump" he said "how are you?"

"I'm good thanks. And yourself" I replied

"I'm good to. Are you exited for tonight?"

"Very. What time shall I meet you tonight?"

"We have to walk in at 8:00pm. So I'd say about 7:50"

"Sounds great"

"Psst y/n" I heard someone whisper.

I looked over to see Lee and George standing in the next row along.

"Come here" Lee said.

"Coming" I replied. "Bye Ced I'll see you tonight"

"Bye y/n" he said back.

I walked over to George and Lee. They seemed worried about something.

"What's up" I said, completely oblivious of what they were about to say.

"We're worried" George muttered.

"What are you worried about" I asked and getting concerned.

"You" Lee responded. I was slightly taken aback but saw they weren't joking so I became more serious.

"Why are you worried about me?" I asked concerned.

"We haven't seen you in two weeks. We thought something was wrong" They both said.

"Well I didn't want to see Fred after he kissed Angelina" I replied

They were about to reply but Hermione and Ginny came running to me.

"Y/n we need to go get ready" Ginny squealed.

"But it's 5pm" I retaliated.

"Exactly, now come on" Hermione said. They grabbed my arm and started pulling me away.

"Bye boys. I'll see you tonight." I whisper shouted before getting pulled out of the library to Hermione and my dorm to get ready.

Ginny had got her dress and left it in her room. I was in charge of makeup, Ginny was in charge of hair and Hermione fixed anything that was wrong with our dresses.

I done Ginny's makeup first. I done a simple look that made her brown eyes pop.

I then done Hermione's makeup whilst Ginny done her hair at the same time. I done a pink eyeshadow, just as she asked. Ginny done her hair into a smart knot.

"Why are you wearing pink eyeshadow if your dress is periwinkle" I asked.

"I decided pink would look better" she said as she tapped her wand and it turned to a beautiful pink ombré.

"That does look better" Ginny said. "Come on y/n time for your hair."

I done my own makeup whilst Ginny done my hair. I done a simple look with light purple eyeshadow and weak eyeliner. Ginny had curled my hair and used a spell to make sure I won't lose my curls.