Overwhelmed

"Peter, Boss wants you to report to lab 14 once you're done with your homework." Friday said through the speakers. I just gave a silent okay to let Friday know I heard her and continued working on my homework.

When I was done I put away all of my stuff in my bag. I went down to lab 14. As I was heading there I kept on thinking why does Mr. Stark wants me to go to there. Usually, that lab is locked, something about dangerous chemicals. If there's a radioactive thing in there and that he just wants me to deal with, then I'm not doing it. Heck, I was already bitten by a radioactive spider.

"Fri, is it safe to go inside? No radioactive thing that I should be worried about?" I asked Friday before I enter the room.

"Yes Peter to being safe, no Peter, not redioactive, Boss is waiting for you inside."

Once I got the confirmation from Friday, I went inside the lab. Upon entering I immediately thought I was dreaming. There, standing beside Mr. Stark, is non other than thee Dr. Bruce Banner and he's now looking at me.

"You're—"

"Yes, I am the Hulk—"

"Dr. Bruce Banner! The most renowned scientist of this generation! Your studies! Your ground breaking discoveries! Oh my gosh! I'm standing in front of the Bruce freaking Banner! Thee Bruce Banner—"

"Are you seriously crying right now?" Mr. Stark asked in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I'm just overwhelmed right now. I can't help it. They won't stop" I replied while fanning my tears away.

"Thank you" Dr. Banner appreciatively replied.

"Oh my gosh! No! Thank you Dr. Banner. I've learned a lot from your books! Oh my gosh! Can you sign them? If it's okay with you of course. I don't mean to be rude. Oh my gosh! I have to clean it first. There's a lot of writings on it and some post it notes and tons of folded papers in between the pages—"

"That's it, enough fanboying. Gosh I didn't know you idolize Brucie here. Hang on just a minute! You said I was your favorite Avenger! How come I never got this kind of fanboy reaction from you—"

"Not now Mr. Stark, this is not about you. Dr. Banner, here are my books, I mean your book! Wait, I mean the books that you wrote and published that I bought! I'm sorry it's a bit messy. I never once in my life think that I would have the opportunity to be in your presence!" I said.

As Dr. Banner took my books, Mr. Stark went in between us.

"Go to your room" he said

"What?" I said, he can't do that. Not when I'm in the presence of the man who was daring enough to risk his life for science.

"To your room Peter, you'll talk to Bruce again at dinner. Relax yourself a bit kid. Maybe write all the things you want to ask him. That's a good idea, isn't it?" Mr. Stark said while pushing me back to the door.

"But—" I tried to complain

"We'll see you at dinner Kid. Bye bye" He said as the doors to the lab closed.

———

"I thought you want him to join us" Bruce said while still looking at Peter's book. Tony just glared at him and gave a silent grunt in response.

"Are you jealous?" Bruce asked amusingly. Taking the time to look at his friend and see how Tony is glaring at him.

"Me? Jealous? As if." He replied.

"You're jealous! Haha! Don't worry Tony, I'm not gonna steal him from you." Bruce told the genius. Tony just rolled his eyes.

"I understand why you're so fascinated with the boy. He's a genius. Gosh, have you seen this? Remarkable! How was he able to do this?" Bruce said as he returned his attention to Peter's notes in his book. Tony walked toward the scientist looking indifferent.

"He is a genius. A little prodigy he is. His decathlon team just won the nationals. He answered almost all of the questions. Hold back in some of the matches after he realized that he answered all the question in one of the match." He proudly told the scientist as he joined him  scanning through the teen's notes

"If you didn't told me he's your intern before you asked him to be here, I would have suspect that he was your son." Bruce said casually as he signed Peter's book.

"Why would you think that?" Tony asked as his brows almost form a one line.

"Genius, same brown curly hair and eyes but he's a much more nice version of you and by far more likable than you." Bruce said.

"Oh shut up! Give me the Kid's book, I'll hand it to him later." Tony said, Bruce noticed how Tony tried to repressed his smile and how he looks a bit brighter after seeing the teen.

"Oh, and very dad-like of you to tell him to go up to his room, wait he has a room here? Gosh Tony! Is the internship a front? Is he your real son?" Bruce asked the billionaire. Tony looked at the scientist, yes the internship was a front at first but it's different now.

"How many times do I have to hear about Peter being my real son?" Tony asked himself.

"Maybe because it's true" Bruce answered.

"No, Bruce I am not Peter's father." Tony told the scientist.

"But he is your son?" Bruce asked

"Bruce, for the love of—I am not his father!" Tony said to the scientist.

"You didn't deny that he is your son, you think of him as your son. You only denied being his father but you never denied of Peter being your son."said Bruce. Tony was silent for a moment.

"You know what, you're not invited to dinner anymore. I'm just gonna tell Peter that you left because of an emergency scientist convention thing." Tony told Bruce. Bruce just laughed at Tony's response.

"You wouldn't hurt your son's feeling like that would you?"

"You know what you green—"