Chapter 10 - Tattoos

Noah

I don't know what possessed me to do this but when I woke up this morning I just knew that I needed to get this done.

So here I am at work cleaning up after my final client of the day. I texted James earlier letting him know I will be running late tonight and to eat dinner without me. The shop I work at just closed and the only person left is my friend Max. We have been friends since I started working here and now he's practically family.

I know I don't need to work seeing as my family owns a mafia and shit but I can't do tattoos for the mafia. I love art and would much rather do that over anything to do with the business. Sure I don't mind going on missions or killing people but I would much rather sit in my chair and design lifelong artwork on somebody's skin.

"So do you want another tattoo?" Max questions me when he sees me

"Yeah." My whole body is covered in tattoos. Nothing pretty just a lot of dead stuff like skulls and things similar to it. There is an empty space on the inside of my left arm though. That's where I am getting the tattoo.

I sit on the chair and roll up my sleeve so Max can start.

"What do you want? Another dagger?" He jokes with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"No asshole. I want a daisy." He looks at me like I've grown two heads.

"A flower? On the scary, dark , spooky, threatening, deadly, Noah King?" He jokes.

"Yes you bitch." I groan getting annoyed.

"Alright, alright." He surrenders as he prepares the area and starts the tattoo.

"Why a daisy though?" He questions me. We are close friends but I never told him about Daisy and how we lost her. It just hurt too much. All he knows is that I have 4 brothers.

"My sister."

"Are you okay?" He looks genuinely concerned.

I roll my eyes. "Of course I am."

"I've been to your house a million times and not once have I seen a sister." I sigh. We have always kept her hush hush, even when she was a baby.

"She was taken when she was one. We just got her back around three weeks ago." I tell him with a small smile. All I want is to be home with her right now.

"No way." He beams.

"Yes way." I give him a smile.

"Oh my god! Tell me all about her!" He screeches. He loves all my brothers so I can tell he's excited to learn about my sister.

"Well, her name is Daisy. That's why I am getting daisies on my arm. She's fourteen years old. We both draw together every morning before I leave for work, she is a natural at it. I might teach her how to do tattoos one day."

"Can I meet her?" He asks me. "Please, please, please!"

"I'm not sure."

"Why not?"

"Promise to not blurt it to the others."

"Promise." He agrees. I sigh rubbing my chin with the arm that isn't getting tattooed.

"She was abused. She hates going in public and she is very nervous and shy around new people." I explain to him sadly. "I can ask her if you want and if she wants to meet you she can."

"So that's why you didn't say anything." He says finally catching on. Max is a little slow, kind of like Roman.

"Yeah pretty much. I want her to be comfortable. She just got comfortable with us so I didn't want to add anyone else to the mix."