Desperate Measures

ARC1/CHP16 : desperate measures

"What's going on?" Jungkook demanded, his voice filled with concern, as he rushed into the room and confronted the two bodyguards.

"I don't know, boss," one of the burly men replied, their worry evident. "He suddenly started screaming, and when we tried to check on him, he locked himself in the bathroom."

"And you didn't think to call me?" Jungkook retorted, his frustration evident in his tone.

"No, sir. We were just about to call you. It all happened so suddenly, and we didn't anticipate this. We're sorry, sir," both bodyguards apologized, bowing their heads.

"I'll deal with you later. Go outside and inform the others not to come in, including Jin hyung. I'll handle Jimin myself," he dismissed them with a wave, closing the door behind them.

Jungkook found himself at a loss for what to do next. While he knew he should be capable of dealing with Jimin's emotional struggles and supporting him on his own, he couldn't always rely on Jin for help. The thought of a day when Jimin might be in critical condition and Jin wouldn't be there filled him with dread. It would be a complete disaster.

Shaking his head, Jungkook approached the bathroom door and gently knocked, hoping to get Jimin's attention. "Jiminie baby, open the door, please," he called softly, but there was no response, and he couldn't hear anything from inside. He sighed and knocked again, this time a little louder, hoping that Jimin would at least let him know he was alright.

"Jiminie, please, I'm sorry... at least say something," he called out louder. "Sweety, if you don't open the door, I'll break it." He waited for a moment before knocking even louder, and finally, soft whimpers emerged from the bathroom. The pained voice only heightened his concern and panic started to well up inside him.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT, Jimin? I swear I'll break the door!" he yelled, frustration and panic consuming him. "Just say something, for God's sake!" Jungkook's worry escalated by the second. Breaking down the door was an option, but he didn't want to further scare Jimin. He understood the fragility of his condition and remembered what Jin had warned him about – even the smallest thing could trigger Jimin.

"Come on, be strong. Listen to my voice, not the ones in your head. Listen to your Hyungie. I'm right here, just outside the door," Jungkook encouraged, each word causing the whimpering and crying to intensify.

At this point, Jungkook's patience was wearing thin. He didn't know what else to do. He was afraid that if he waited any longer, Jimin wouldn't calm down but instead harm himself.

"I'll count to three. If you don't open this goddamned door or at least say something, I'm going to break in," he declared, his patience at its limit. Jungkook knew that losing his composure wouldn't help Jimin's condition, but how could he blame himself? It was unbearable to see his loved one suffering in front of him, knowing that Jimin could harm himself at any moment, while feeling utterly powerless to intervene.

"H...Hyungie... they want to... to hurt me," a trembling voice finally responded.

"No one is going to hurt you, Jimin. It's all in your head. Don't listen to them. Come to me, I'm waiting for you," Jungkook reassured softly, his voice filled with genuine concern.

"They... they want me... dead," Jimin whispered, his fear palpable.

"They are lying, Jimin. They are fake. Don't believe them, believe me," Jungkook insisted, hoping to provide some comfort.

"Jiminie, try and come out to me," he urged gently, but once again, the smaller stopped responding.

"Baby, Hyung is waiting for you," he pleaded, his voice filled with love and longing. "Be strong, beautiful. You can do it."