19

L I L A C

"I think you got the wrong Lilac Leilani, mister," I said on the phone.

"No, I don't. I can not find your parents though, do you have any ideas where they are?" He asked me.

"No, sir. I'm sleeping over at a friend's house." I replied.

"Can I speak to their parental figure?" The officer asked.

Kaiden doesn't have parents.

"One second please." I muted him and screamed.

"Omg, omg, omg. They want to speak to a parent because my parents are on the run from the police and I told them I'm staying with a friend." I said.

"Fuck. Wait, Ms. McKay!" Kaiden said and called her over here.

"What's wrong kids?" She asked.

"Mom. Dad. Cops. Running. Me. Staying. Your House. Tell. Po-po." I said in one breath.

"Okay, sweetie." She replied and took my phone.

"Hello this is Anika McKay, how can I help you?" She asked.

AHHHH!

"Mhm. Yes of course. I understand. Thank you." She said and hung up.

"I told them that you're living with me sweetheart. Everything's okay." Ms. McKay said.

"Oh thank goodness. Thank you so much." I told her.

"Yeah. Why don't you two go home and sleep." She said to Kaid and me.

"Good idea. Bye Raphi." Kaiden said and pat his shoulder.

"BYE BESTIE!" I yelled and gave bestie a big hug.

"Bye Li." He replied.

We motorcycled back to Kaiden's house and I fell asleep on the porch.

He had to drag me inside.

"Kaid, I'm in pain," I mumbled.

"Wait what? Are you okay?" He asked.

"By any chance are you stabbing me in the chest with a knife?" I questioned him. 

"What? Of course not." He said.

"Oh... then I'm not okay," I replied and passed out.

When I woke up I was in the sky.

Wait what?

Am I on drugs?

Are there drugs on me?

I don't even know what drugs are. I just always hear Kaiden telling Raphael to stop taking drugs.

Does Kaiden take drugs?

Do I take drugs?

"SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT DRUGS ARE? Oh hi Mateo, long time no see how's it going?" I asked as he enters the room.

"Are you okay?" He questioned me.

"Yeah, I am? Is Kaid in jail for stabbing me in the chest?" I asked.

"He stabbed you?" Mateo asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, did you not get the memo. That's why I have this huge scar on my chest. I can show you. Wait no I can't. Because that's flashing and Kaiden said that I can't flash anyone but him. But what does that even mean? Why does he want me to flash him? I don't even know what flashing means. SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT FLASHING MEANS!" I yelled.

I'm really sad.

I won't ever be able to fit in because how am I going to have a normal conversation with someone if I don't know what they're saying.

Like once a long time ago Raphael told me that he's going to talk like those people who base their entire personality off the internet and said "Lilac, I'm not finna cap, you're lowkey girl bossing, gatekeeping, and gaslighting right now." I just said thanked him and walked away.

I was confused.

But right now I'm just so sad. My heart is breaking.

Oh, wait no that's just the pain that I'm feeling because of my cancer.

Why did I have to be so weird?

"Lilac, why are you sad?" Mateo asked sitting next to me.

"Hey umm just curious, do you have your gun with you?" I questioned him. Remember last time when he tried killing me?

"No. Why?" He asked.

"No reason," I said and hugged him. I needed a hug.

"Will you come to my wedding?" I asked him.

"You're getting married?" He raised his eyebrow

"Yeah to your mom." I laughed and started wheezing.

"You're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah and by the way I'm not actually marrying your mom because if I did then me kissing Kaiden would be weird," I informed him.

Kaiden entered the room, glaring at Mateo.

"Well, that's my cue to leave. See you Lilac."  Mateo said and left.

"You're marrying my mom?" He asked, laughing. Kaiden's mom is uhh well ☠️.

"Yeah, call me mommy," I told him with a straight face and he started choking on his spit.

Is he okay? Does he actually think I'm married to his mom?

"I'm not really married to your mom Kaiden. It was a joke." I thought it was a funny joke. But I don't really joke a lot.

"I know sunshine, it was funny but Lilac, we need to take you to the hospital." He told me, concerned.

I mean I do feel really terrible.

"Okay, but if I start boxing the doctors, don't pull me out of the ring okay," I told him.

"I promise you I won't." He said.

"Good. Let's go!" I screamed off the top of my lungs.