chapter 12 | tension

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Mr. Knight pulled out of the contract."

"What?" My eyes widen.

"He no longer wishes to do business with Consolations." She continued.

Fucking Chase Knight strikes again.

"What? Why? What's the problem now?" I groaned as I rubbed my hand on my face in frustration. I'm going to kill him with my bare hands.

"He didn't give a reason, Ma'am." She murmured.

"Set a fucking meeting with him," I ordered. "For today."

I went into the elevator and leaned against it. Why does he always have to fuck everything up? My foot kicked the elevator as I resisted the urge to scream. The elevator opened and I went to my office.

I slammed the office door shut and went to my chair.  I logged into my desktop and tried distracting myself with other projects.

Once I was done with work, I pulled out my phone from my purse and began scrolling. I looked at all the news articles already published about me. I saw all the stupid bullshit they wrote.

The biggest article was about Axel. Who the fuck is he now? I don't even remember having a one-night stand with him.

Everyone is just testing out my patience. I saw everyone leaving from my window as it was time to leave. I sighed and looked out the other window, towards the city. The city was calm today as it was a weekday. I looked at the city below me to see the dark sky coming slowly.

My phone rang and I went to my desk to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answered the unknown number. I don't know why I picked it up but too late now.

"Hey, Jasmin."

"Who is this?" I confusedly asked.

"Axel."

"Who's that?" Was that name suppose to click a ring onto who he was?

"Sweetheart, you are telling me that you forgot about me already while I have been dreaming about you ever since."

"Okay, so who are you?" I asked again.

"Remember we met at the stripper club, and we had a lovely night that day." He explained.

"Oh," I remembered. "How did you get my number?"

"Resources." I hummed, skeptically. "Anyways, did you see that news article?"

"Yeah, who the fuck released that to the press?" I asked as I assumed it was him.

"I don't know." He commented. "I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't me. My whole privacy is gone since this shit got published."

"Ah, well what can you do?"

"You don't mind right?" He asked.