Chapter 43: Wormhole

#735 

I feel as if I'm been gliding through a wormhole to and fro. It's a fancy sci-fi word that I added to my vocab after watching a lot of movies in that very genre. But at this moment in time, I think I feel exactly what it could possibly feel if one travels through a wormhole.

The Google search threw me a meaning that a wormhole can be visualized as a tunnel with two ends at separate points in spacetime.

So now how does this fits in the analogy of my current state of mind?

1. I'm caught in the center with one end calling me back to the time when everything was picture perfect. Our family of 5 was blissfully content and lovely. It was all cherry blossom. 

2. Then there's this other end pulling me harshly to the reality of dealing with the challenges thrown at us by life. Everything seems falling apart and everyone is devasted. 

I'm in a tunnel with two ends at separate points in a different timeline. I wish to flow back but now that I'm already here at the very edge of the precipice the only thing left to do is fight. Fight the odds and win.

~ Aavya, on the night when everyone learned about Aman's predicament.   

❋❋❋

He had to kiss her because he knew if he did not he would die and that would be the end of him.
He had to kiss her because if she didn't shut up she would die and that would be the end of them.

Pain is a terrible catalyst. It's diabolical, it's cruel and it's satanic in all forms.

It makes you do things you'd never imagine you could do. It makes you desperate, it renders you vulnerable and craves you into a new person.

That is precisely how Aman and Rose were feeling and perhaps a bit more worse than that. Well, they were entitled to feel it weren't they. It was their lives that had fallen apart but this was no time to lose hope, right? But, that is easier said than done and when a sword lies above your head it's hard to not think the worst. 

As they gave themselves into that one kiss on which everything depended it felt right. Rose was weak and her knees were giving up. They were turning into jelly under his soft yet demanding touch and her heart which had given up the second she saw his handsome endearing face was crying out loud. But, Aman didn't let her fall, he held her like his own life as they both lost the strength to stand in the cold and knelt on the sparse grass which was cold yet delicate. Not once their lips left each other's, they relied on sucking in the air between the moment when Aman moved to kiss her cheeks, eyes, and nose before capturing her lips again. The air was crisp and chilly but their embrace kept them warm. The warmth radiating from their body was proving to be just enough. Rose was daring to make the moves as she pulled him closer to savor him while leaving wet kissing on the trail. Their breath mingled and the cold air surrounded them with misty smoke. Everything felt surreal as if they were dreaming. 

" Oh! Aman..." It was a cry of desire and he wiped her tears with his thumbs as he swallowed her moans. 

" R-Rosie... I-I'm sorry." He managed in between the hot exchange of feelings. Then she had to force herself to pull away from him only to see his equally wet and heartbreaking face. She noticed he did look weak but so gorgeous as his nose has turned pink to match the shade of his lips. His honey-brown eyes were fluid and filled with a multitude of unspoken emotions. 

" I am so sorry..." He repeated as he wasn't sure how much of his apologies would truly give him the required forgiveness. 

She could not stop the steady gush of salty tears and he had to swoop in to kiss her again as it was the last chance he might get. Her soft cries and moans were driving him crazy and it was at that very instant his heart raced because he loved her more than he let himself believe.