Eternally Grateful

Song Recommendation: "All I Want" By: Kodaline

As this says above ^, most songs I put here are recommendations. You don't have to listen to that song, I just think it fits. But with this song, I think it's PERFECT. It fits the scene beautifully (in my opinion). I highly recommend this one. 

I'm sure this has errors, I rushed it out ASAP bc I've been so excited! ill fix them later :) 

Three full days had passed since Cassandra had said goodbye to George.

She had stayed at Luna's cottage for the entirety of that time, spending the first night there scream-singing to Witney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." Unlike the muggle singer, Cassandra wasn't known for her lungs, Luna tried to stop her from hurting her magical pet's sensitive ears.

Even once the music had stopped, the lyrics played over and over in her mind, ceasing to leave her alone. The song rang true, she'd always love a man that she never deserved. A man that would be better off without her storms marooning his present to a standstill.

Accepting the truth was a start, but it did nothing to soothe her pain. 

She finally brought herself to pack up her things from the old apartment. She hadn't darkened the door since she'd said goodbye, only collecting enough things to flee to Luna's safe arms, But it was time to face the music. Luna was unapproving of Cassandra's decisions, but most of all, her decision to leave for France. 

"You sure you don't want to stay here lovey?" Luna had said.

"I can't— its too much...being here. The memories of it all are around every corner. I can't," She had replied.

She thought George was her sun but he had become so much more-- her air, her earth, her home. She had somehow managed to wrap her entire existence around his being, around how he managed to make her feel like the happiest person on earth.

But that was over. She would have to provide that comfort for herself.

Maybe she was the moon, maybe he was the sun...but that meant that she had eclipsed his light. 

She pushed the door open to the walls that had started this journey, looking around at the apartment. Adrian had already collected some things. Thats fine, hopefully he is long gone. 

She took her time, only lifting her wand for more challenging objects to pack. While she was glad to be shed of this place, she couldn't help but be hopeful for it. As she had thought when she first moved in, the flat was so beautiful and lovely...it deserved to be loved in. Cassandra questioned her sanity for hoping for a better future for four walls but didn't care much about that anymore. She wasn't entirely sure sanity was a thing. 

Just as she was starting her final box, a loud knocking sounded from outside the door, accompanied by heaving breathing.

Cassandra froze in place, absolutely terrified, yet almost excited. She wasn't expecting visitors. Who could it be? Adrian? Luna? Her parents? Not many other people knew of the apartment.

Rationality pointed to Luna, so Cassandra slowly walked to the door, nonchalant. Unlocking it without a glance, pulling the door open.

Cassandra stopped breathing, each and every muscle stiff and tight, eyes ready to pop out of her skull. She had never expected to see his face again.