05. stolen bag

"So you just stole her bag??" Ricky heard his friend's loud voice from his cell phone.

"I didn't steal it," the boy replied as he rolled his eyes. "I just..... took it." 

"...so you stole it." Carlos repeated once more, telling the truth.

"Yes, I guess, I stole it but what was I supposed to do, huh? Should I have left it there for someone to—"

"–to steal it?" Ashlyn finished his sentence, knowing what he will say.

"I'll return it." the curly boy said, annoyed.

"Sure." the girl laughed sarcastically. 

"I'm serious." Ricky said, nodding his head. "Actually, I'm going to give it back to her right now." 

"And how do you plan to find her genius?" Carlos smiled at him through the screen.  "You don't even know her last name. Do you know how many girls named Nina are in the world?"

"Isn't there something in that bag?" the girl asked. "Something to help you find her." 

"I don't know." boy shrugged and grabbed the bag. "It's not a normal purse, it's a delivery bag." 

"So she probably works in a restaurant." EJ told him. "Isn't there a name written on it?" 

"It says 'the hideout'." he read it out loud.  

The red-haired girl turned on her Macbook and looked up the name. "Found it." she said, making Ricky smile. "It was a cafe there in Salt Lake City but now it's a restaurant. I'll send you the address." 

"Thank you." he replied, waiting for a message from his friend. 

Ricky didn't know why but he really wanted to find this brunette girl. 

...

A curly boy with sunglasses entered the restaurant. He looked around at the happy people sitting at the tables talking and laughing. He wished he could go out with his friends like this and not have to worry about anyone recognizing him. 

...but unfortunately it will never happen because he is famous and so are all his friends. 

"Can I help you?" he heard a boyish voice behind his back. Richard couldn't help but think he already knew that voice. 

He turned to see a red-haired boy who reminded him of someone. Someone he once knew..

But then he noticed the name that was written on his name tag. "Oh my god," he sighed. "Big Red?" the boy asked hopefully as he put his glasses down. 

"Ricky Bowen." he said quietly with a laugh. "Well this is a surprise." 

"A good one I hope." Richard smiled, walking closer to his old friend so he could hug him. The boy was glad he found him here, at least he has one person he knows.

"What are you doing here?" Big Red asked him. 

"I brought this." he said, showing him the delivery bag. "I met this girl who I believe works here and she forgot this." 

"Oh thank you!" the red-haired sighed. "We've been looking for it. She already went back to the place where you met because she thought the bag stayed there."

"So she's not here now?" the pop star asked disappointedly. 

His old friend shook his head. "No, but she should be back in a moment, since it's clear she won't find the bag there because you took it."

"Tell me a little about her." 

"Wow.." Big Red smiled. "You haven't seen me in years, but you ask me about her life? You must really like her more than me."

Richard laughed a little. "Right, no, sorry! So what's new? Is there a girl in your life?" 

"No." he laughed. "With the work here, I can barely keep up with school." 

"How long have you been working in this restaurant?" 

"Well, about a year after you left, my dad and uncle opened a coffee shop, but over time, it turned into a restaurant." he explained. "But then uncle left us and it started to have problems here. My dad had to fire most of the staff and that's why Nini and I work here now." 

The boys' heart stopped when he heard that name. "How- how is she?" he looked at the ground sadly. 

"Why don't you ask her?" Red asked making coffee for the customer.

"Is she here?" Ricky got scared.

"What? No, I already told you."

"What do you mean?" 

Their conversation was interrupted by a brunette stepping into the restaurant.

"Okay, don't freak out, but I didn't find the bag." she said, walking toward her cousin, not seeing the curly boy sitting on the bar stool.

"That situation is already resolved. Ricky brought it back." he pointed at the singer.

The girl was shocked. She didn't expect to see him there, and in fact, after their meeting today, she hoped she would never see him again, but now he was right in front of her. 

Ricky smiled at her. "You're welcome."

"I didn't thank you." she replied.

"You should." he told her playfully. He enjoyed this little argument, because for him it was fun and he thought she was just kidding too, but Nina really didn't like him. "If I didn't take it, someone could steal it, someone who wouldn't give it back."

Nina rolled her eyes at him and decided to ignore him. "Where is the food?" she asked her cousin. "I have to take it to that lady."

"Seb, Kourt and Gina had already gone there." 

"What?" 

"Well the lady was upset and wanted her food and you weren't here so they offered to go." he explained to her. "This is not our only delivery bag... you know that, don't you?" 

The girl shook her head. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" 

"Because you didn't even listen to me." he replied. 

"So you should have told me louder." 

"It's not his fault." she suddenly heard the curly boy's voice again. "You guys don't have to argue about it." 

"I'm not talking to you, superstar." Nina showed him a fake smile. "So what if you mind your business?"

"You don't want to argue with her now, trust me." Big Red shook his head. 

"Listen to your friend." she said, picking up food and drink for customers and then walking toward the tables. 

"She's kinda a badass." Ricky whispered when she was far enough away not to hear him. 

The red-haired nodded with laughter. "Yeah, she's kinda super evil too."

"Now that we've been talking about your life, tell me a little about her." 

"What do you want to know?" he asked. "She looks different but she hasn't changed that much. And you knew her even better than I did, and I'm her family. So if you haven't forgotten all about her, there's really nothing to talk about." he shrugged his shoulders.

Richard was confused by what he had told him. "Wait what? I know her?" 

Big Red burst into laughter as soon as he heard it. "You don't remember her? Wow, now I know why she's so mad at you." 

"Tell me who it is!" he shouted in a whisper. 

"You really don't know?" his old friend asked him but without laughing this time, because he realized that Richard wasn't kidding. 

"No." Ricky shook his head. 

Red took a deep breath. "That is Nini."

"What??"

——————
Idk why but I actually kinda like this chapter

hope u enjoyed, Sofi