||16||

Dedicated to Desi0725

Happy New Month.

The article was pulled down. Not only that, the pictures were explained by none other than Nedum who reported it to the school. His explanation made me have looks of pity wherever I went but I didn't need them.

Everything was back to how it was...normal. The SS3 students had finished with their exams and the JSS3 students had started with BECE NECO. That meant that the term was coming to a close. Our termly exams were only a couple of weeks away.

"Solve using combinatorics," Eben said. Buchi and I came to his house to read with him. I puffed my cheeks staring at the question.  "SAT two years ago."

I picked up my pen and wrote down a solution. After a while, I was done. "Am I correct," I asked. I wasn't even sure of my answer. I looked at Buchi and Eben who were now seated on the floor playing video games. Eben got up to check my work.

I hissed in pain as I felt a contraction in my lower stomach. "It's correct. Are you okay?" The pain continued. I could faintly guess what it was. It had arrived. That was quite a surprise as I didn't see mine regularly as other females did.

Mom and I had gone to the hospital. The doctor said that my cycle would stabilise soon. It looked like it did. I tried hard to endure the pain. I held my stomach as I lay my head on Eben's desk. "Chioma what's wrong?" Eben asked again.

I shook my head. "It's nothing." That was when I felt something flow. Oh, God. I raised my head in shock.

"You're lying." I bit my lips. Eben hated it when I lied to him.

"Sorry." I looked over to Buchi and signalled him to come. "Your jacket. Please." I was certain that I was stained. I wore light clothes.

"Why?" He asked removing it. I met Eben's worried gaze. He stared hard at my attempts of trying to tie the jacket around me without having to show them the bloodstain.

"Can you two turn around?" I asked. They narrowed their eyes.

"Your period?" They asked at a time. I bit my lips harder as my stomach contracted again. I nodded. They respected my wish and did so. I looked at the seat. Not stained. I had to find Eben's mom. She was the female I could confide in now.

"Is it painful?" Eben asked.

"Painful? The bleeding hurts?" I was lifted off the ground by Buchi and carried out off the room.

"Put me down," I said. "Where are you taking me to?" I asked when I saw him going to the front door.

"Hospital."

"Stop. I'm okay. It's normal."

"It's blood. And it hurts. Let's go see a doctor. " I kicked Buchi's leg and he put me down. I adjusted the jacket.  I'll have to wash it thoroughly.

"She has cramps." Eben put his palms on my stomach as he rubbed it gently. It alleviated the pain a little.  "Does it still hurt?"

"Not as much." Buchi pushed him away at my response and took over with the rubbing.

"I'll do it myself." He said.

"What's happening? Is anything wrong?" I heard auntie Emerald's voice. She walked towards us wearing an apron over her dress. She was in the kitchen.

I felt embarrassed at her question. "Mom, it's...erm..." Eben's fair face would burn up at how red it was. He was embarrassed too.

"It's my time of the month," I said. She stayed quiet for a moment before she pulled me away with her.