31

"We're going to have a baby

"We're going to have a baby..." she says. She decided to keep the baby. I don't know how to react. I don't know what I'm feeling.

I'm feeling overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed. But I am relieved. God, am I relieved. We're really going to be parents. A family.

And I suddenly feel emotions wash over me, causing me to pull this woman so close to me and then simply starting to cry. But I'm not the only one crying now. Delilah's wailing in my shoulder isn't unnoticed. "We can do this, right?" She asks me. She asks me? "Yeah... yeah. We can do this. I think we can, angel."

Del gets out of my grip, places her hands on my shoulder and looks at me. Her wavy hair is basically glued to her tear stained face. Her wet lashes are sticking together every time she closes them, her breath catching with every sob that comes out here and there.

"Are you happy, Mason?" Am I happy? She asks if I'm happy? I have the woman of my dreams by my side. How could I not be happy?
"I am. I'm happy, angel." Then there it is. Her smile. The smile I fell in love with so bad. The smile that I wouldn't even get tired of when it would be the only thing for me to see ever again.

Slowly getting up, I put Delilah back on the floor and place a hand on her tummy. "Let's go home, okay?" I say while starting to guide her outside of the hospital.

I have already told her and I will tell her so much more often if I have to. That we can do this. That we will try our best. That I will always stay by her side. Always.

Delilah fell asleep in the car as soon as I got out of the hospital's driveway. So the car ride was rather quiet. So quiet that it made me think about the things that have happened today. And what will happen in the future.

I guess I have lied to myself once again. Who would have thought that I would really end up having a kid.

Being a father. Being responsible for someone else than you. If I'm honest... That thought scares the shit out of me.

A little human that is so fragile and helpless, depending on us. What will happen with work? I love my work. So does Del. She would stay at home with the baby because she probably would feel bad to leave it with someone else.

But again. It happened. The baby will happen. The new life will happen. In not even eight months, our life is going to make a full 360 ° turn.

But out of the two of us, there's even more going to change for Del. She's fucking twenty years old. The only diapers she should change in this time are the ones of other, older peoples' babies. I would never say that she isn't mentally ready to be a mom.

This woman will be the most loving and amazing mother. I know that. I just think that she should have had more time. But she made the decision. So she must want it at some point, right?

I am also sure that I will stay with her and be there for her. Every ultrasound appointment, every breakdown she will have because her body changes. Every pain she will feel. She will never feel alone.

I promise

And I promise to be a good dad. I will try to at least. I will. Arriving in my parking garage of our apartment, angel is still sleeping. The night was awful for her. She literally had to get up every half hour because of her sickness. She's exhausted. So I get out of the car, open her door and gently lift her bridal style to carry her up to the apartment.

She's not even making any signs of waking up. It's late afternoon now. So I unlock the door, carry her upstairs in our bedroom and tuck her into the heavy white sheets. The rain trickles onto the roof, fresh air coming into the room from the opened window.

Angel loves this kind of weather. She sometimes asks me to come out on the balcony with her to simply just listen to the rain.

Her taking a nap is good. Because maybe I can work a little bit. Not in the office. At home. Just checking some mails and asking Emilio how things are going in the company. Just getting my mind off of everything that's going on.

After full four hours of work, I eventually joined Delilah in bed and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.
A lout thunder wakes me up. I'm alone in bed. Where is she? I look for the next clock to look for the time but the only thing is a phone. It's hers. The screen blinds me for a moment before I see her lockscreen.

It's a picture she took of us during the oldtimer trip in spain. She looks so fucking happy on this picture. So do I. It's 3:28 in the morning. Pitch black outside and the rain has gotten more intense. So I get out of bed, throw a hoodie over my bare chest and look for her.

Chills run down my spine as I open the door to our bedroom. It's freezing in the apartment. The balcony must be open. She must be outside.

Slowly getting down the stairs I already see the balcony door ajar and her sitting in one of the bean bags outside. She's only in my shirt. Nothing else. No socks, no pants. So I get a blanket from the sofa and get outside to toss it over her.

"What are you doing? You're going to get sick." I realize that she repeatedly wipes tears from her face.

Oh no. What is going through her head again? I place one arm under her legs and the other one under her back to lift her up. Placing myself into the beanbag first and then sitting her in my lap, cupping her beautiful face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her. She then starts crying again. "Hey.. hey, hey, hey. Shh."
"Are you sure you want all of this?" She asks me.

"Of course I want this, angel. I told you. We can do this. We just have to stick together, alright?" Small circles are going over her cheeks with my thumb as she finally leans her head into my touch.

"So you'll also love me with ugly mood swings, stretchmarks, and an inflexible body because of my big womp? And you not being able to grab my boobs because they are already so fucking sensitive?" I knew she would worry about this.

"Nothing of this matters to me. And nothing of this would ever be a reason for me to stop loving you. You could have the body of shrek and I would still love you so. much."

I grab her face a little bit more to mive her head to mine. She chuckles a little. "Shrek? Really?" She asks. "That was the only thing that came to mind. But I hope you get the message, angel. I love you. I would die for you."

And then she pecks my lips, then again. Again. And again. "I would die for you too."

_________

Okay. No one can tell how much I love these two.

Looks like everything will be alright...

Comment your thoughts! Love you!