Chapter 1

"Your orders are as follows; you go to the Aksakov estate and you eliminate the patriarch first and foremost. He is your primary target. Now, to avoid future complications you are also to eliminate anyone else in the house, and don't forget to clean up your mess! In fact, to avoid alerting anyone of your presense I would prefer you go in there completely covered. Your hair, those damned hands of yours, every inch of skin except for your face. All of it, do you hear me?! I will not have a repeated instance of the Morgan house." An older man with greying hair at the sides spat the words but Toni only caught part of it, as she was caught up in her own thoughts.

"Toni?" He would intrude, "Toni, are you listening to me at all?!" His voice grew in volume, pulling her out of her head.

"Yes, sorry sir. The Aksakov estate, eliminate the patriarch, eliminate every other person in the house. I got it." She waved him off dismissively.

"What else?" She heard him say, causing her gaze to snap back to his.

"What... else?" She asked, trying to recall everything he'd just said. The man reached a point in his frustration where he'd simply stop showing emotion, and his voice grew quiet.

"You are to get in and out of there undetected, Toni. Now, get the hell out of my office before I put my cane into the side of your neck!" He relished back into yelling.
Toni left his office promptly and gripped at the wrists of her leather gloves, sighing as she looked down at them. They constricted her hands terribly but she knew she could never take them off. She was the best mercenary that this team had and yet, it was only because of her hands. Something she never thought about, even when she used them. On every job, her targets would fall at the power she held in her palms. Toni would digress as she heard someone coming down the hallway, not surprised to see that it was Sentinal.

"Hey girly!" He'd say in a cheery voice. Despite his disposition, he wasn't someone you would want to meet in a darkened alleyway. His body bulged out with muscle and height, making him tower over everyone else he'd come into contact with easily. She often looked over her counterparts, considering their achievements and skills. Sentinal was one who she often liked working with, when she had the choice, he was a bubbly man. Always liking to talk about things so warmly, despite looking like a scarred up fighting dummy. The contrast was something she liked, and she found that he made a good friend.

"Evening, Sen." She started, smiling up to him.

"I have a job at the Aksakov house tonight. Boss said I have to get in and out quickly, undetected, do it alone, and kill not only the patriarch... But the entire living household." She finished with a sigh.

Sentinal brought a heavy hand over to pat her back, "he's working you to death, girl. It worries me a little, but you're the best we have. He must see your potential just like the rest of us." His words came with a smile and they in turn left a mark on Toni.

"Yeah... I promised to do this job alone, and I will, but if you're not busy will you help me with clean up?"

"Sure thing! Don't even have to ask, I don't have any jobs lined up for awhile anyway. Apparently people don't want the large, intimidating type anymore. They all prefer stealth." He put an emphasis on the word stealth.

"I mean, no offense to you, Toni. Just offer me a cut." He smiled yet again.

"Of course." She retorted, flicking her luminescent green eyes away from the man and concentrating on the hallway in which she was coming to the end of. Sentinal, in turn, made his way down a different corridor to their mess hall. So typical of him. She thought to herself with a smirk.
Just fifteen minutes later, she found herself parked outside of a bar, reeling about the upcoming work she had to do. Toni found that she never did a job quite sober. She didn't have the stomach for it, which she thought odd of herself considering she'd killed dozens of people... It was something she thought about often. Continuing on as she walked into the bar and took down two shots of their smoothest Scotch. The amber colored drink was always her first choice with it's buttery flavor and harsh burn. Something that reminded her of her past, back when she could look forward to a normal 9-5 job. Yet now, she was this. After complications took place, she became a mercenary.