Chapter 3

Toni came face to face with a woman she'd never seen before. A bit younger, tall, petite, sleek black hair, strikingly pale skin. Whoever this was, she was native to Russia.

"I'll repeat, who are you?!" She began to lose her patience with the stranger, gripping onto her door frame with a covered hand. Toni had been out most of the day but all the moving around made her hotter than normal, so she came to her apartment to cool down, which had fans rigged all throughout it.

Valeriya stood dumb founded, not sure what to say now that she actually saw the assailant so close up. She didn't look like a killer.... Toni was on the shorter side, having dark, wild curls that flowed down past her shoulders. Her dark skin greatly contrasted the people she often came into contact with around Russia, it was very rare for her to find someone that wasn't blindingly pale. This girl was no different from them. Yet, her demeanor caught her off guard.

"Hey... Hey!" Finally, Valeriya would come back into reality, trying to harden her stare on the other woman.

 "M-my name is Valeriya..." She began.

"Oh yeah? Valeriya what? What the hell are you doing here?!" The heat she felt made Toni become increasingly impatient and volatile.

"Come on, girl, I'm losing my patience."

"A-aksakov... My name is Valeriya Aksakov."

The look on Toni's face went from annoyed to shocked in a matter of seconds, "get in here!" She hissed, pulling the woman into her apartment roughly by the arm and slamming the door behind her. Valeriya let out a loud shriek as she was pressed back against the door with the barrel of a gun firmly against her jaw.

"Tell me how you found me, now!" Toni demanded, finger hugging the trigger.

"I-I... I followed you here. I was in the house when you killed my family... I was hidden." Even though Valeriya was telling the truth, Toni wasn't convinced. She pressed the barrel against her jaw harder and got close to her face.

"That's impossible... I searched that house up and down. I killed everyone there. You tell me how you found me right fucking now!" Her voice rose along with her body temperature.

"It's true! What I said was true! I was under the floor boards when you killed my mother... You didn't look hard enough." Valeriya dared a taunt.

"Excuse me...?" Toni pulled back for a minute and cocked her pistol before replacing it back to the woman's jaw.

"Okay, you were there. Why are you here? And don't you know it's not smart to egg on someone that has a gun to your face?!" Her voice rose and sweat started to bead from her forehead and neck out of frustration.

"I'm sorry! But why? Why did you do it?! They hadn't done anything to you!" Valeriya countered.

"Wh-... Why?! Why did I do it?!" Toni yelled.

"I had a job to do so I did it! Your parents were bad people, Valeriya." She would finish in a hiss before letting go of the woman and stepping back to set the gun down.

"I can't believe you're here... This could turn out so bad. So fucking bad... If my boss finds out your here he'll have my head. If he finds out your alive... Ugh!" She brought her hands up to rub at her face and then she began to pace the room, running her fingers into her thick curls.

Valeriya watched her in silence for a long series of seconds, peering around the room to notice all the fans rigged up on the wall and plugged into most of the available outlets. She noticed that the apartment was rather cold, even so, Toni was in a tank top and jeans. Not only that, she was sweating. But how? It shouldn't have been possible. It was easily just above fifty degrees in the apartment.