Chapter 23: Villa Alessandra

"Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational. — Hugh Mackay

( Partially Edited )

.....

Warning: This chapter contains sexual content. Please read at your discretion.

Stavros POV

I was sitting on the balcony watching the calm water while drinking Whiskey. The place is so serene. It's breathtaking.

It's late at night, and I can't find sleep.

Since we broke up and Alessandra, sleep has been elusive. Whiskey has always been my sleeping pill, my only welcome company.

And deep in my heart, I know I can't live like this forever.

Ali has that big piece of my being, and I will never be whole without her.

My days will always be gloomy and hopeless without her.

What's taking those morons so long?

Patience has been my greatest adversary.

I tossed back the last content of my Whiskey, placed the empty glass on the rattan table close by, and lay my head on the chair as I closed my eyes, hoping to alleviate the guilt that was growing in my chest. I've done the most despicable thing, but it's the only solution.

...

Alessandra POV

I left Lucy's place with buoyancy.

Yesterday, I was grieving, and today I am happy.

Anything could happen in a second, and I'm living proof.

I was on my way home. It's almost five in the afternoon, and I remember I don't have anything to eat tonight.

Since the wedding and all the unwelcoming emotions, I never went grocery shopping. I even forgot I was living.

So I decided to swing by the grocery store and do a little shopping. I'll make our favorite and Lucy the stir fry veggies with noodles.

I mentally drooled at the thought of it.

I parked in the parking lot behind the grocery store. Oddly, there are not much of cars around.

I quickly strolled to the store and entered the side door with a broad smile plastered on my face.

I pulled a cart and started it in the vegetable section, and soon I was picking stuff I needed for the rest of the week and the ingredients for my stir fry.

Then I strolled over to the frozen foods aisle, just thinking of picking a few oven-ready frozen foods that I could just leave in my freezer if I'm lazy to cook.

I was looking at the frozen chicken fingers through the transparent glass door of the freezer when I caught a glimpse of a reflection of a particular guy I knew.

Jake.

Stavros minion?

Can't it be? I thought.

I looked again at the glass door of the freezer to check if he was still there, but he was gone.

It must be my weird thoughts.

I shook it off and decided to get chicken fingers, crunchy potato wedges, and a bag of dumplings.

I walked to the cashier to pay for my groceries, and I felt like someone was staring at me.