02 | debated

SILENCE HAD BEFALLEN in the room full of pro heroes. The meeting with Nezu was eventful and informative. He held a meeting, including the entire U. A staff regarding her situation.

To no surprise, they were against the idea of (Y/N), a quirkless, teenager entering the hero course, and suggested putting her into the support course instead. Thankfully, Nezu insisted on allowing her into the hero course.

A debate occurred.

The U.A. staff against (Y/N) and Nezu. 

The debate was actually boring her, since with every question and reasoning that they make she always had something to back herself up with, dismissing their argument. (Y/N) convinced some of the staff, but there were still bitter people who can't seem to swallow the pill of change. They were all silent. Some looking for holes to take her down and others were already convinced but still skeptical.

Being bored to death, she sighed, breaking the icy silence inside the room. "I know what this is." (Y/N) began as all heads turned to her, "You all think that if I no longer have my suit, I'd no longer be 'Iron Woman'."

A grunt was heard. "Exactly, attacks can easily tear your 'suit' down. You'd be easily defeated despite having many abilities." Vlad King said. He was one of those people who were against the idea.

"Actually, that's no longer a problem, Grinch." He furrowed his eyebrows at the nickname. "I have upgraded my suit for the past two years and the result is that it cannot be separated from me — because it's inside me."

Everyone's eyes were wide as saucers. "Also if you're worried about my suit being used by others, that's not possible." She explained, "I was able to create a suit that meshed with my mind and body."

"How is that possible?"

"Nice question, Country boy." Present Mic snorted as he placed his hand over his mouth. "My suit is controlled by my thoughts and implanted directly into my nervous system via nanotechnology, the suit can be stored inside of my bones, able to be deployed whenever the situation presents itself."

Silence once again fell in the room; the pro heroes struggled to process and believe what she said.

"Nezu, is this possible?" One of the staff asked. The principal chuckled as he lay inside Eraserhead's scarf. "Yes, Miss (L/N) and I have already discussed this and I'm certain that it is possible." He took a sip from his cup before continuing, "It even took me to use my quirk quite far in order to understand how she did it."

The pro heroes didn't say anything. They were mixed with various emotions at the same time, specifically; confusion and astonishment. They seem to have trouble absorbing the information that they just learned; a quirkless young teen, not even half of their age, managed to create an almost indestructible high-tech machine that grants her multiple abilities, or quirks, using extremely advanced technology.

"You're all still skeptical aren't you?" She asked, particularly to no one. "This is the problem with you people nowadays. You're all so..." She trailed the last words as she clicked her fingers. "How do you say 'ignorant' in a nice way?"

Some eyes glared at her hearing the word she used to describe them. "Ah, simple-minded! That's it!" (Y/N) exclaimed, shamelessly insulting the pro heroes, including the number one pro hero who was quiet the whole meeting.

"You are all contented at one concept that you're in, even though it has a lot of faults." She said, "You're all fixated on the fact that quirks are what helps you to be a hero. You, including society, allow the power of quirks to define who you are as a person."

All of them were listening intently, hanging on every word that escaped her mouth. They didn't know why but they found themselves being lectured by a person way younger than them.