welcoming devi into the world

*Kamala and Doug's miracle baby boy is finally here! 💙👶🏽

August 7th, 2021 ~ 11:55pm
Kamala and Doug have been at the hospital for around forty minutes now! Luckily, Kamala and Doug both made it to the hospital just in time and Kamala didn't have baby Devi in the car!

Kamala and Doug were not expecting that this labor and delivery would be happening this fast, since this is Kamala's first ever baby and Kamala is an older mom. Usually first time moms labor for hours or even days.

Kamala has been laboring in the hospital bed while she sees her doctor and meets her nurses. Kamala is in the hospital bed on her hands in knees because she just can't lay down due to the pain.

Kamala is almost fully dilated, which is a relief for her because she don't know how much long she could handle this pain. Kamala is at 9cm dilated right now!

Since it is almost time to deliver baby Devi, Kamala's doctor and her nurses all helped Kamala get in the birthing pool to get settled and relax a little before the big moment!

Kamala is wearing a black sports bra while she sits and relaxes in the warm birthing pool.

The birthing pool is a relaxing space to labor because it helps with pain management. Also, having a water birth is calming for both mom and baby!

Kamala groans loudly as she breathes through a contraction. Doug puts a cold wash cloth on Kamala's back and then rubs one on her face.

"Breathe through it. Great job, baby." Doug says softly to Kamala as she continues to breathe through the contractions. 

Kamala is currently enjoying being in the birth pool. She loves how the warm weather feels on her body and how it is helping with the pain.

The nurses asked Doug if he wanted to join Kamala in the birth pool and he declined. Doug feels like he would be in the way and he wants Kamala to be comfortable. 

"You okay, honey?" Doug asks softly as he sits on a stool that is outside of the birthing pool as he rubs Kamala's shoulders.

"Mhm." Kamala mumbles as she lays her head on the edge the pool and Doug rubs her, making Kamala smile. 

"Does the water feel nice?" Doug asks Kamala softly and she nods as she smirks at Doug causing Doug to smile.

"It feels fucking amazing. Helps with the pain so much." Kamala says as she kisses Doug and Doug kisses her back.

"I am so glad. You look so relaxed and perfect. You look beautiful, honey." Doug says softly to Kamala, making Kamala smile.

"Thank you, Dougie. Can I have some water?" Kamala asks Doug and Doug nods, grabbing Kamala's purple Hydro Flask bottle.  

"Of course!" Doug says as Kamala takes a few sips of her water.

Doug then puts Kamala's hair up on a high pony tail so her hair doesn't get too wet.

"I love you, Dougie." Kamala says softly to Doug and Doug smiles.

"I love you too, Mama. You are doing incredible. Our baby boy is almost here." Doug says, kissing Kamala's cheek, causing Kamala to smile.

August 8th, 2021 ~ 12am
Kamala is in a comfortable position in the birthing pool as she prepares to get ready to have this baby! Kamala feels very calm and relaxed, not panicked or scared like she was before.

Doug is sitting on a stool in front of the birthing pool, being close to Kamala just in case she needs him. Kamala has been holding onto Doug's arms and squeezing Doug's hands if she needs it.