Part XIII

Harry's POV

Whoever said marriage complicated the relationship you have with your partner obviously never married someone as perfect as my Ally. If anything, marriage has only strengthened our relationship these last two years.

Being married to Ally is a dream.

It's better than breakfast in bed, it's better than watching sunsets with your favourite person in this whole entire world, it's better than making the most perfect cup of coffee. It feels like an endless dream, never-ending, but in the best way possible.

I still don't know how I got so lucky with someone like Ally. She's incredible in every way possible and I think she doubts that about herself sometimes, I hate that she does. I wish there was something I could do or say to help her with that, I just want her to know she's incredible.

She's helped me in more ways than one and it's always crazy to think about the kind of person I used to be compared to who I am now. I'm still that same Harry, I've just grown out of my shell and I'm proud of it.

The old Harry was scared, he was fearful and nervous around people at all times. That's not to say that all of those feelings suddenly disappeared because they didn't. I still feel nervous around people sometimes but Ally always does such a good job of being there for me, she never makes me feel like it's a setback in my progress because it's simply just a part of me learning to be myself.

Getting settled into our permanent lives was so exciting for the two of us. We finally felt like we were exactly where we needed to be in terms of starting a life together, I felt so complete with her and so happy.

I still remember the day I surprised her with our house.

I picked her up from the elementary school and went into her classroom, seeing her bent down and talking to her favourite student, Thomas. "Are you going to forget your gym shoes tomorrow Thomas?" She asked him with a smile, helping him zip his coat up. "No Mrs. Styles, I'm sorry I did today." I couldn't stop a smile from overtaking my face, the sound of 'Mrs. Styles' will never get old.

I watched as she suited him up for the winter weather as one of the other lower grade teachers, Mr. Quinn, or Daryll as Ally calls him, came into her classroom, observing her from the door. My eyes immediately narrowed at his arrival. He's always rubbed me the wrong way despite Ally telling me that I have nothing to worry about, but I didn't care — he always looks at her like she's a piece of meat.

"Yeah Thomas," the fucker added, "You gotta stay in Mrs. Styles's good books or else you'll be transferred to a different class and you'll never get to see her pretty face again." His words shocked me and I could tell they did the same to Ally too. She reassured Thomas that that wasn't true as she rose up to face Daryll, confusion written on her face. Thomas's bus buddy came and got him, leaving the two of them alone in her room.

"Why would you say that?" She asked him, "You scared the poor boy." He only shrugged as he pretended to pick a piece of lint off of Ally's cardigan, making me twitch in the doorway. "Relax Ally, I was just playing on his little crush he has on you. It's cute, you can't blame him for thinking you're pretty, 'cause you are. You're really pretty. Beautiful."

My jaw dropped at his audacity, he knew Ally was married and could clearly see her wedding ring on her finger but he obviously didn't care at all. Ally looked stunned, as if she had finally realized what I've told her countless times already. I rushed over as soon as I saw his hand coming out to touch her again. "B-Babe! I've missed you so much." I called out, smiling as she whipped around to face me, a smile of relief on her pretty features.