Welcome Home!

Ariana's pov

"Why did you do such a dangerous thing?"

Gasp! I just wake up and he is napping me already.

I looked at Claude without getting up from the bed.

Actually, this was my second time waking up. When I first woke up, the Palace was thrown into chaos with great shock.

Of course, since the Princess who even left behind a will has woken up from a coma. I fell back asleep after seeing a bunch of people crying in front of me and shooting me with many questions.

I felt relief inwardly after confirming there was only Claude in the room. But I guess there was no luck for me.

"If it was Daddy, I'm sure you would do the same choice as me."

"........"

Seeing Claude couldn't answer back, I was right thinking like that.

"Because I want to save you, Daddy. And that was the only way."

"You could've continued your life well if you didn't make such a choice. Even after I've thrown you away twice-"

"Wait! Daddy!"

I jolted up from the bed and shouted. I tightly held Claude's big hands with my small two hands.

"Please don't say things like that. Isn't it fine now that I've come back?"

"........"

No response was heard so I continued what was in my mind.

"I was indeed a little...no, really hurt when Daddy pushed me away."

"You are free to hate me. I'll do whatever-"

"No, Daddy! Isn't there other things you have to say to me?"

I looked at Claude who was at a loss for words.

".....I'm sorry."

"And?"

"......I shouldn't have done that. Please forgive me."

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I was wrong as well."

For some reason, the tears couldn't stop from falling from my eyes. Regardless there was a smile on my face rather than a sad expression.

The hand stroking my hair gently and the apologizing voice whispering into my ears was calming my heart.

It's okay even if we made mistakes and wrong choices. We'll always apologize after a fight.

Because we will always be together. In the past, even at this moment and will continue to be in the future as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Many things had already been handled when I was asleep. Daddy was already going back to doing his duties as an Emperor. And the Black magic issues have been solved.

Lucas's identity has been publicly announced and that he is on the side of the Imperial household.

Anastasius was held in jail because of his use of Black magic but his punishment hasn't been decided yet. I guess, he won't be executed at the least.

That was the same in the Alpheus case as well. The duke was currently in recovered, so the heir will receive punishment instead of him. I heard he will be called to the Palace soon because of that.

I heard from Athy that Ijekiel helped as a part in catching Anastasius. I should go meet him soon to let him know that I'm fine.

I must've made him worried by leaving only a letter for him. But I can't find the timing to go see him.