12 || the plans

He stood there, still as stone as he watched Sophie Foster walk away. Or watched Moon walk away.

He shouldn't give two craps about the bullshit she was spewing, but he couldn't bring himself to hate her. He didn't know what happened to her to make her this--it couldn't have been at the Black Swan base? She was in that stupid organization, so she couldn't hate it, it wouldn't have affected her.

Something else was making her this way, something else turned her cold, something else made her change her name. He wouldn't be told otherwise because this had to be the truth. "Moon," He said, testing her name out. It sort of matched her, he heard from Fitz that she had a fondness for the moon. It made his heart pang a little knowing that she wouldn't tell him anymore, and that he would probably never see her again.

//

"Where is Kerys?" Oralie demanded him the next day.

All eyes turned to him, "I took the thing off, she left last night." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. He didn't get much sleep last night, "I don't know where in the stars she went, all I know is that she left like there was a bunch of blood thirsty animals behind her."

The blonde councillor pursed her lips, Oralie was so in on whatever So--Moon was up to. "Okay, thank you." She breathed out, some tension easing, "She doesn't like being powerless, she's probably with her other family right now."

She left the room and the others faced him, they read something on his face, "What is it, Dex, spit it out. I know she was hiding something." Ruy, he caught everything it seemed, "There was either a hidden meaning to what Oralie said, or she accidentally spilled something that she wasn't supposed to."

"Before the girl left, she told me to call her Moon." He breathed, he didn't like lying to them, but he didn't want to disappoint his friends.

"As in Moon for Moonlark?!" Biana screeched.

Dex hadn't thought about that, it was already one thing that Sophie is suspicious, but she was really powerful, even in those early stages of discovering her ability. But that was just one ability, she couldn't have gotten more without people finding out. The hydrokinesis and pyrokinesis must have been faked somehow, she would have needed to train. Even if she changed, she would never harm people--it had to be against her very being.

"No, I don't think so. I think it's just because she resonated with the name," He saw a dawning on Fitz's face, he knew what Dex was talking about then.

"That doesn't answer my question about Oralie though," Ruy said, "It is very valid, if she's hiding something it's not only bad for her, but it's bad for us." And he was right, Oralie was so nice and kind, they would have to be the ones dispensing justice on her.

There was a moment of silence between the group of close friends, but then the door burst open and three figures strutted in with two silently behind them. "Having a meeting without us, aye?"

Ramzi smirked as Sukki cursed, "I told you they would leave Jensi out," She placed twenty lusters in Ramzi's hand. He and his friends looked at each other, shamed that they forgot about him.

"Well that's not the reason we are here," She threw herself on the couch and screeched when something fell on her, it was a balloon full of glue. 'My parting gift, enjoy,' was scribbled on a piece of paper on the chair, it was in a fancy script that didn't look rushed in the least. She was planning this before she left, how alike she and Keefe were now.

"Ugh!" She yelled as everyone laughed, even her friends, "I wanted to say that the annual Peace Gala is at the end of the week, we have three days to plan it. The Council is taking an impromptu trip so I'm in charge, they said the theme this year has something to do with the sky."