8. The fountain's glow up

After grabbing some sandwiches laid out for lunch in the great hall, I'd headed down to the netball courts where June had just finished her morning training session.

"Say what?" June stared at me. I'd just finished explaining my morning to her while we ate lunch on the side of the court.

I grinned sheepishly. "We have entered a prank war?"

"Rory!" she exclaimed. "Didn't your brother tell you to stay away from Griffin?"

"Something like that." I took a sip of water. "Think of it as just further revenge on Iceman."

She didn't hesitate. "I'm in."

I grinned. "I knew you would be. Thank goodness we already know which room the boys are staying in. We have the advantage for now."

"Later we can brainstorm pranks. We cannot let them win."

A whistle pierced the air, breaking up our conversation. June quickly tied up her hair, gave me a smile, then began walking back to where her teammates were grouping together.

"Go win the game!" I shouted, then added for good measure. "We really must win the prank war, there's a date on the line."

June whipped her head back towards me. "What?"

"Good luck!" I replied, giving her a wave.

"You have to tell me everything afterwards!" she yelled back.

I made my way off the court and to the benches on the side, my brain already whirling with ideas. The netball game went smoothly with June's team quickly gaining ahead in points. It was just after the second half had begun that I heard a familiar voice behind me. "How is it that you've already managed to get noticed by Carter?"

I spun round to see my brother walking down the benches towards me. "Jack! How did you find out?"

"Beckfall was training on the court beside ours earlier. I heard Carter talking about you in practise today, he was planning something." Jack sat down next to me. "So again, how is it that he knows you?"

I groaned. "We have chemistry together. It was a disaster."

"Chemistry? Well that's surprising. Remember what I told you Ror, he's a player. Stay far away from him."

"I guess now isn't the time to tell you that I declared war on him?"

Jack looked at my face and knew immediately what I'd done. "You better have some good pranks up your sleeve. While an asshole, Griffin has some of the best field strategy out there. If he accepted your challenge, then he believes he can win."

I elbowed Jack. "Are you doubting my skills?"

"Of course not, I never will after that chicken stock prank of yours. I just expect him to play dirty. Think smart and don't get tricked by his charms."

"Yessir." I saluted.

"Also, if you plan on cooking up any food pranks, the far right window of the kitchen doesn't have a lock." 

I grinned. "Perfect."

"Just let me know if you need any help. If anyone can take Carter down a notch it's you."

"I appreciate it. How did your training go?" I asked.

"Pretty good. Parker narrowly missed a ball to the mouth."

I winced. "Glad it missed."

Jack laughed. "So is he. Anyways, I'm going to go change out of these clothes."

"Good idea, you stink."

"Love you too Rory." He ruffled my hair then left me alone on the bench.

June's game finished half an hour later and I cheered when she walked over smiling from ear to ear. "Congrats on the win!"

"Thanks. I can only hope the rest of the games will go like that."

"I'm sure they will."

June grabbed her bags and we started walking back to the school.

"So, when is our next prank?" June asked.

"Well, Jack said Griffin is already planning something so we need to act ASAP. Got any ideas?"

"Not exactly an idea but I know Beckfall's hockey team's schedule so we can definitely use that to our advantage." June kicked a pebble on the path. "Beckfall has a friendly game against your brother's team tomorrow afternoon."

"We can work with that." My phone chimed in my pocket and I pulled it out, seeing a text from Ruben. 

Where are you?!

Walking back from the netball courts with June. Why?

Get your butts back to school quickly! Come to the fountain - it's had a glow up! You have to see this!

See what??

I waited a few seconds but Ruben didn't reply.

"Apparently Ruben wants us to see something," I said. "I don't know what though."

We sped up and followed the path up to the school. For a few moments everything seemed normal until I sported a small crowd forming by the fountain.

My eyes widened.

"Rory, is that...?" June trailed off.

"My bra." I finished.

There, in the centre of the fountain was a statue of an almost completely naked lady. I say almost because she was in fact wearing a very recognisable princess themed bra. My princess themed bra to be exact. It had been a Christmas present from my mum a few years ago and while it was one of the most ugly patterned bras I'd ever seen, its comfort had won me over.

And it was now on display for everybody to see.

"You have got to be joking," I breathed. 

A/N:

Who's ever engaged in a prank war before? 

What are some of the greatest pranks you've either played, or seen played?

Vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

SouthernAlps over and out...