Chapter 6

Today had to be the worst day I've had here so far.

Servants were rushing around us pets, grooming, and fitting us with clothes and different pieces of jewelry of white and silver metals. The clothes were translucently exposing every bit of what we had to offer, mostly for me and Aerglo.

One of the servants, a blue-skinned Lyde*, was currently placing sliver beads and feathers throughout my hair. While another Lyde lined my eyes with a white liquid. From what I could see in the mirror, I looked almost unreal.

The white and silver accessories along with the face paint my red eyes brighter and more dangerous looking. The thin cloth made my body seem leaner and more feminine, my long hair didn't help that fact. I looked towards the other pets. 

Aerglo was adorable. A silver collar was placed around his neck, chains dropping from it that connected to a back and chest piece that sliver feathers dangled from. He had a loincloth version of my dress on with belled bracelets on his wrists and ankles that chimed lightly every time he moved.

All the white and silver brought out the natural gold highlights in his feathers, all while making his eyes that much bigger and brighter.

Deimos had the same loincloth on but lacked any form of jewelry. Instead, they carefully painted intricate designs over his scales, making the green pop and what looked like small blue highlights, that I never noticed, stand out. He looked fierce and handsome.

The Lyde doing my hair finally stopped, looking back at the mirror I saw her raise the cutters towards the end of my hair. Slowly I tensed and felt the room got quiet as I let out a low hiss.

I glared hard at the Lyde in the mirror, red eyes making contact with their blue. "What's going on here?"

I didn't let my eyes waver towards Saros's mother's voice. Keeping my eyes on the Lyde, I watched them speak up in their slimy voice. "I'm sorry your majesty, I'm not sure."

Finally, they put the cutters down, making me relax. "Seems like Ceilo doesn't like the cutters. Were you told to cut his hair by my son?"

The Lyde shook their head, "No your majesty, it seemed long so I thought the Prince might appreciate a trim."

She nodded in understanding, "I see, for future reference ask first."

Then her eyes wandered around, looking us pets over until she was satisfied. "I'd say you all did a wonderful job with their outfits. Hopefully, it's to Saros's liking," she nodded, "Come pets let's get you to the throne room."

As soon as she said that, three large Sephrime came into the room, all dressed in armor. I watched as they approached us and gently picking up Aerglo and Deimos, mine soon picked me up as well. It was uncomfortable being in the arms of someone other than Saros but I had to deal with it.

The climb down wasn't nearly as bad as the climb up, and soon enough we entered the throne room. It was covered in decorations of white and Saros's weird eye color. Pillows and tables lined the walkway to the throne and more plants had been added. Saros and his father were standing near the throne dressed in the weird color that decorated the place. I need to ask him what that color is. He was giving a full-fanged smile at guests as he greeted them.

We were soon placed down on a small nest-shaped bed near him. "Do you know what's going on?"

I turned to Aerglo and shrugged, "No I'm not sure," we turned to Deimos, "Do you know?"

He glared hard at me and hissed, "Do not talk to me you soft-skinned being."

Rolling my eyes I turned to Aerglo who was gazing out onto the incoming crowd. Signing I leaned back into the cushions and relaxed. Closing my eyes to the chatter throughout the room was becoming louder as people came in, and few voices I recognized in the mindless chatter.

"Good day your highest majesties," an all too familiar voice sounded out making my body shiver.

Opening my eyes quickly I spotted one of my previous owners. Like every other Sephirme, he had dark skin and black hair, his eyes were blue showing his prestige. His deep voice, but not nearly as deep as Saros, brought up all the panic in me.

This owner never told me his name only allowed me to call him master. He was never kind, always beat me when he and his mate got in arguments, and soon forced me to breed with another human female. After that, he gave me right back to the Breeder. He wasn't even one of the worst owners, but he still instilled fear into my bones.

Peaking my head over the cushions, I watched him steadily. He was talking in a manner that made him seem arrogant. Saros looked fine though, still smiling and letting out small chuckles.

"I'm here to give you my greatest congratulations on your proposal sire," he bowed lowly.

"Thank you," Saros smiled at him, "How is your mate?"

"Very well, she couldn't attend with me, unfortunately."

Saros hummed, "I see."

How could Saros talk to the man so uncaringly? The man soon glanced over here much to my luck, his smirk appeared on his face as he looked at my scared face. "I see you have a new pet sire."

Saros nodded, "Yes, I acquired him in the mid-district south of here."

"Well I can guarantee that he will be to your liking," the man said with a sadistic smile.

Saros looked at the man for a moment before looking back towards us. I barely looked at him though and continued looking at the man. I was not taking chances today. I knew that the exact moment I looked away he would make his way towards me. "Ceilo are you okay?"

A feathered hand shook my shoulder. I ignored him.

Saros turned towards the man, "Were you his old master?"

"Yes, though he eventually became a bore. You'll see soon enough, he goes into this weird state. I think the old humans called it dissociation," he said flipping his hair to his back.

"I see," was all Saros said, his voice becoming less cheery.

"Yes, he wasn't too fond of playing with me much, though I suppose the first few weeks were fun before that happened."

I glared even harder at the man, a slight hiss making its way past my lips. I could hear the others behind me tense up. Saros snapped his head towards me and the man smirked at me, though now it seemed even deadlier. "Excuse me, sire I forgot to mention he has triggers. If you wish to know about them I could teach you so you can be prepared."

Saros nodded quickly, "Oh, yes that would be very helpful. I also have many questions about him as well. After the celebration ask one of the guards to show you to their playroom."

Time felt like it stopped.

He didn't just say that right? Why would he invite that man there, my new safe space? I thought I'd be safe finally after the shared moment we had the other day. Suddenly I felt very cold. Like all my blood had been drained from my body.

"Am I dying?" I whispered under my breath.

"Ceilo are you okay?"

Aerglo wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his warm chest. It wasn't until the Aerglo kissed me did I get out of my stupor. Pushing myself away, I curled into myself and in a child's pose, cradling my head.

I don't know how long I stayed like that, but it was as long as the ceremony lasted. Closer to my nightmare. A guard soon picked me up, and I stayed in my head. I needed to be prepared for this, or it'll go very bad for me.

I thought this was a safe place, but I guess not.

-----------

*A Lyde is a blue-skinned alien that usually serves the higher class.