personal assistant pt. 3

i let out a content sigh as i put down my lipstick, staring at my finished make up look in the mirror. i stood up, ready to grab my bag and head to the office when i received a text.

from: lena luthor
good morning, love. have you left for work yet?

a smile automatically makes its way to my face. as if we weren't already texting all last night till 4 in the morning.

lena made me feel like i was a teenager in love.

i happily crafted a text back, telling her that i was just about to leave for the bus. right after i sent that message, lena's name flashed across my phone screen.

"yes, babe?" i answered the call as i slipped on my heels, and made my way out of my apartment.

lena giggles through the phone, making me smile even wider, "oooh babe, i like that"

i bit my bottom lip and rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see me. lena was always the one to call me pet names, while i, on the other hand, have always been a little shyer about these things.

"come on down and get in my car, we're going to the office together," she continues.

i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before walking over to the railing where i could see below the apartment building.

and sure enough, waiting for me was lena's BMW. my hand flew to my temple as i contemplated about how bad of an idea this was, coming into the office together with your boss.

people are already talking about how much time i've been spending in her office, and how we often disappear together lately– you can thank lena for that.

not that i'm completely complaining, i really love spending time with lena.

but her image and reputation isn't something you can play around with. one wrong move and the whole of national city will be talking about her. i don't want to be the cause of that.

note to self: talk to lena about this.

but for now, i just had to go with the flow. i went down and was greeted with lena already holding the car door open for me.

"m'lady," she says, mimicking a posh accent.

i shook my head in amusement as i stepped into the car, smiling as lena shuts the door close and runs over to the other side and enters the car.

she settles down and reaches her hand out, and i automatically take it in mine. she looks at me with a loopy grin, making me feel warm inside.

"why'd you decide to pick me up today?" i asked, putting my other hand over hers. she looks down at our hands and shrugs, the smile still prominent on her face.

"i just thought it'd be nice to travel to work together, and you wouldn't have to take the bus anymore"

anymore.

right. so this was going to be a permanent thing now.

this is probably a good time to have the talk with her.

i let out a sigh, earning a puzzled look from the raven haired girl.

"could we discuss something?"

she looks at me for a few seconds before nodding slowly and signalled for her chauffeur to pull up the partition, which i was grateful for.

"don't look too worried babe," i laughed slightly in attempt to lighten the mood after noticing the slight tense demeanour that she suddenly adopted. she gives me a small smile, but i could tell that she was still bothered.