Twenty Four

Blair POV.
•••

"And what the heck was I supposed to say to that?"

"Not thanks, oh my god Blair."

Currently, I'm being disciplined by Blake. So yes, maybe I panicked. And maybe I said thanks before running back inside.

Emma was busy helping her mom, so I grabbed Blake and pulled him over to the living room. Then proceeded to tell him what had just happened.

"Come on Blake, you're supposed to be my girl right now. Emma is busy, and Natalie is still on the plane."

Blake scratches his head, then grabs both sides of my arm. "Listen Blair, you need to step up."

"What?"

"You can't be going around saying thanks when a guy says he loves you. Especially when you'll be spending the whole weekend in the same house as him."

"What?" I asked confused. "What do you mean staying in the same house as..."

"Did Emma not tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"That we are all going to head over to their beach house and stay there for the weekend?" He says sounding equally as confused.

And with perfect timing, Emma herself walks in. Blake turns in her direction, "Did you not tell her about the beach house?"

Emma laughs nervously. "Ummm, surprise?"

My mouth widens in shock. "Emma, what the fuck?"

"I thought you wouldn't come if I told you..."

"Yea, you're right. Because I wouldn't have. Oh my god Emma, I am not going."

"You have to." Emma wines.

"Yea, I'm not driving you back" Blake crosses his arms with a coy smile. "So you have to go."

"It's just the kids." Emma's explains. "Bake, Noah, Drew, Gracie..."

"Jake, Grayson." I finish for her. Yea, she was definitely trying to get away with not mentioning their names.

   "It will be fun." She says with a guilty smile.

   "We have very different definitions of fun."

   "Yea, especially since Blair just ran away from Jake after he told her he loved her."

   I've never seen someone turn so quickly. "Oh my god! Aww, he said he loved you?" She gushed.

   "Yes," I mumble. Embarrassed for what's about to be asked next.

   "What did you say?" She asks excitedly.

   "I said thanks..." I mumble again.

   "What?" She asks leaning in, "I don't think I heard right. Did you say..."

   "I said thanks." I repeat. Her jaw practically hits the floor.

   "Blair Elizabeth Knight, you did not." She gasps.

   "She did too." Blake says shaking his head.

   "Blair!"

   "If Noah came up to you randomly and said I think I love you, what would you say?" I try to defend myself.

   "I'd say let's fuck, baby."

   I roll my eyes, "I was asking Emma, not you Blake."

   Emma gives a slow nod, "No, I think I'd have to agree with Blake. Maybe not the baby part, though." She turns and looks at him. "Sorry, baby just isn't my thing."

   Blake shrugs, "Understandable, what about..."

   I cut him off, "Seriously guys? Not the point. Can someone please give me advice?"

   "Advice on what?" A new voice joins in.

   "Oh Drew," I say nervously. Could his timing be any worse? Actually, he could of walked in when I said Jake said he loved me. That would of been worse. Especially since Drew told me if it didn't work out between me and Gray, to call him.

   Oh my god. Am I a whore? Because, right now...kinda feeling like one.

   "She overpacked for the beach house, she's just asking what bathing suits to bring..." Blake laughs nervously. Personally, I would of not believe that. But since Andrew is so innocent and only believes in good, he did.

   "Oh, what swimsuits are you deciding on?"

   Great, now I have to lie. "I've already decided on a couple. But I'm either getting rid of my red or pink one." I make up. I do have a pink and red one, so it's not completely a lie.

   "Hmmm, I say you take the red." He suggests. "I think you'd look good in that color."

   Of course he would think that. I give him a tight smile and mumble a thanks. We talk talk for a little longer before being called to dinner.

I'm sat thankfully between Blake and Emma. But with Drew in front of me, Jake next to him on one side. Gracie on the other, and then Grayson next to her. The parents and rest are a little farther down. Derek and the youngest Heart brother are just at the end, doing their own thing.

"So Drew, are you still dating that one girl?" Lisa asks. We have all sat down and are waiting to eat.

Drew looks up and smiles. "No I'm not, we broke up."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Lisa says with a small smile.

"I'm not, that girl actually sucked." Jake says leaning back in his chair. I try my best to cover my laugh with a cough. Apparently, I didn't hide it well. Because Drew then turns to me.

"What about you Blair, do you have a boyfriend?" This catches the attention of multiple people at the table. Grayson looks mad about the question. Emma is trying not to laugh. And Jake is looking at me with a small smirk.

"Yea Blair, do you?" Jake speaks up and asks. Why is he smiling? This is anything but funny.

"Ummm, kind..." Thank fucking God. I'm saved by Charlotte, the Heart's mom, walking in.

"Everyone it's time to eat!" She says cheerfully. She sits down by her husband, and now everyone is at the table. "We should say what we are thankful for!" She suggests. "Who wants to go first?" No one answers and she sighs. "Grayson, you go first."

Everyone turns and looks at him. But, he's just staring at me with no emotion. Could this be any more awkward?

"Sure," he says in a bitter tone. "I'm thankful that my brother isn't a girlfriend stealing asshole. Oh wait, he is."

You could hear a needle drop. Everyone's expressions are ones filled with confusion. Multiple people have looked at me, then at Grayson, then at Drew and Jake. Unable to decide which brother he's talking about. Because clearly, I'm the girlfriend in that scenario.

"Ok, my turn." Jake smiles and the attention turns on him. "I'm grateful for this beautiful dinner that the beautiful ladies in this house made."

He turns and smiles at his mom and the aunts. They are all still confused but give him a smile back. He then keeps going, "I'm grateful for this home and for my father keeping it above our heads, I'm grateful for everyone here." He looks at me when he says that, and my cheek flush pink.

Then of course, he has to keep going. "Lastly, I'm grateful my brother knows when something was never his. Oh wait, he doesn't."

Oh my god. Everyone's expressions are one of disbelief and realization.

•••