36. For Exercise!

SCARLETT

Last night was restless. I was unable to sleep, my mind being continuously tormented by the happenings of yesterday and in addition to it, our old happy memories.

Although the bitter fact is, we spent four years together and it didn't take him four minutes to lose faith in me, to ruin everything.

Yesterday, I got carried away for a while. I can hate him but not see him die. The thought losing him scares me. Hence, it made me put aside everything for a moment, but then again, he played with my feelings.

He thought I'll kiss him after his act. I'm not doing it ever again.

I agreed to stay here just for Janette's sake, that's all. After the wedding, I'll never see him again. After this it's just business, my business.

Heading towards the gym for an active start of the day, my mind was in the process of slowly sweeping off the unwanted thoughts.

I entered inside, thinking it might be empty, as the whole resort is booked by us. Yes, it was empty but not completely. To my ill luck he was already present in there.

I want to avoid him. Should I leave? No way. Why should I?

When I stepped in, his back was facing me while he worked out on the gym bike. His arm muscles were in full display, and the vest he was wearing, increased his appeal.

I quietly moved to the treadmill. I came here to exercise and I will exercise!

"Am I dreaming or are you really here? I thought you would try avoid me.", came the voice I was waiting for, from behind me. I didn't reply.

I came here to exercise and I will only exercise!

He moved to the treadmill beside mine. To increase the irritation his presence is causing me, he removed his vest too.

I will have a hard time controlling the feelings that already started arising in my gut. Disgusting feelings!

"So... I forgot to say something yesterday.", he continued.

Has he got another lie to tell? I'm tired of this now.

"I love you.", he spoke abruptly.

My eyes widened with his sudden unbosoming. Is that really another lie?

"In fact, I never dated a single girl since you left. I loved only you, always."

I looked at him still exercising. It was now that I noticed he looked a bit off-color. I want to believe that he's lying, but my heart denies.

"Even though I tried to hate you, I actually never could. I tried to trouble you, just to remind my heart how angry I was with you."

He didn't hate me, yet he never restrained himself from causing me troubles, in denial. Even mathematics wouldn't agree for such contradictions to be used in any of its proofs.

"I thought that, by these ways I could erase you off my mind. But I was wrong. You reside in my soul. It's impossible to get you out of me."

This is kind of a good confession, but no, I'm not a female lead of any random romcom, whose heart would flutter at these words.

"Now that I know the truth, I'm guilty for everything. Please talk to me."

I came here to exercise, not to hear his confession or shed few tears and add to the drama... so I will just exercise!

"Please say something, Lett."

"You haven't returned my Lambo yet."

"A page long confession and all you think of is a car. Speaking of, you never asked for it.", he rolled his eyes.