twenty four.

" 𝐖hy hasn't he woken up yet?" Soleil nervously asked one of Illyan's assigned nurses

A week had now passed, and Illyan was supposed to wake up last week—which of course he didn't.

Soleil was worried sick, because she was told that he would wake up last week. And when he didn't that's when she became alerted.

" Well we don't know yet but from the looks of it, his vitals aren't going up. They are actually...getting worse?" she stated confused, as she finished her daily checkup.

" What you mean worse? I thought h-he was fine" she panicked, biting her nails. Soleil didn't understand how this happened, since all nurses kept repeating this week was that his vitals were improving, not the other way around.

" I'll call some doctors up here and let you know ma'am" she quickly left the room.

" Oh my god" she breathed out a hand over her mouth. " Please be okay, please be okay" she repeated, rubbing his hand to calm herself down.

" Pleasure seeing you again" Mr Rayn, Illyan's assigned doctor spoke entering the room.

" H-hi" she spoke up. " Um is-is he okay?" she nervously asked.

" Well lemme check" he quickly put some gloves on. " Oh so that's the problem" he sighed.

" What's wrong?" she immediately asked. The more Dr Rayn made those sad faces, the more nervous she grew.

" Nothing" he took the gloves off. " There's no problem here and that is the problem. Because I don't understand why his state is getting worse. Everything looks perfectly fine from the outside" he shrugged. " If by the end of the day his state still haven't improved, we'll do a scanner to try and find out what's really going on" he summed up.

" A-and we can't do that now? Why do we have to wait" she sighed.

" Because that could only be temporary, and we don't need to jump to conclusions at the moment. If his state gets worse, press on the emergency button right here" he pointed.

" Fine" she nodded.

She watched as he left the room, and dropped her head in her hands. She was slowly loosing faith, but she always heard that lil voice in her head, telling her that everything was going to be alright and to keep faith.

" Cmon papa, work with me on this one" she rubbed his hand. " Let me know something" she sighed.

At this point, Soleil was desperate for him to wake up, desperate for any little interactions that she could get.