Thaluke

This happens after the war.

. Oh, one more thing...

. The text in this font is Thalia's dream..

.And the ones in this font are the opinions of Thalia and all that... Like not a part of the dream... Hope it's not confusing..

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thunder rumbled in the night sky and rain poured down heavily on the small makeshift shelter the three demigods had built. Someone screamed. A small torch lit up the room and a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes with a scar less face came into view.

Thalia's heart sank. She knew exactly what this was. A stupid flashback. She remembered that night clearly. She should have seen the signs. She could have helped him. But she had to turn into a tree. Thalia focused on the dream and what it was showing her.

"Luke! Please don't Luke! We're family! Don't leave!!" The younger Thalia gasped out. "I'm here, Thalia. That was just a nightmare. I'm here. I'll always be here. It's okay. Open your eyes. See? I'm here. You're here. And our little Annabeth is here too." The younger Thalia sobbed into Luke's arms for a while. She wiped her tears and looked at him. "I saw you. But not you. You left us. You said sorry and just left. You had a scar on your face. You were about to kill Annabeth! And your eyes.. They were golden! I'm scared Luke... Will you.. Will you ever leave us?"

Thalia should have seen the hesitation on his face. The look of familiarity on his face. She knew he had been having those dreams too. But she had known it only after he'd turned sides. Her younger self refused to believe her Luke would do those things.

"I would never! As long as you're by my side, I'll never hurt anyone. I'll never turn bad. And I'll never, ever, hurt you or Annabeth." He said after a pause. But his voice was firm. Thalia was glad to hear it. She snuggled closer to him and wiped her tears. "I hope we'll always be together, Luke. I don't want the dream to become the reality." "Neither do I, Thals... We'll always be together." Luke threw an arm around Thalia's waist and Thalia sank further into him.

Thalia knew exactly what was going to happen next. The part of her that was a Hunter, wanted to leave, shut her eyes or do something to prevent 'that' from happening. But another part, the part who still loved Luke wanted to experience it one more time. Then again, there was a part of her that didn't want her broken heart to get excited. He was gone. Forever. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Luke?" Thalia looked out at the thunder. "What if they find us? My 'scent' will attract both Gods and monsters. I'm the one who is bringing them to you.. Maybe I should leave.. But what if something happens to me and I lose you both? I want to protect you. But I don't know what to do.. I'm scared, Luke. Being a demigod sucks... Not even your parents want you." Thalia's eyes held unshed tears. Thunder rumbled louder outside and for a moment, Thalia hoped it was her father showing that he's listening. That he wants her. She was just a twelve year old kid who had to deal with monsters everyday. Without help from the so called gods. From her own father.

"I can't say I know how you feel. You must be feeling conflicted and confused. We all are at some levels. So what if those Gods don't want us? We still have ourselves. And as long as I'm here.. I'll protect you. And I know you'll protect me too. You'll figure out how to use your powers better and you can strike down those monsters with your lightning. And don't forget.. You're amazing with your spear already. I'll cover you, both in battle and in life. Forever." Luke wiped away tears that escaped. After a slight pause, he leaned in. For the first time, she felt Luke's warm and soft lips against hers. They had kissed each other on the cheek and on the forehead. But this was special. Thalia knew. She kissed him back without hesitation. She had always loved him and she knew that he is the only one she will ever love.