"That Bastard"

Athena’s p.o.v

My father’s voice echoed through the manor causing my skin to erupt in goosebumps. His dead eyes drifted away from mine straight to Allesandro’s which had everyone in the foyer in panic. Romulus left our fathers side and walked towards me, placing a kiss on my cheek before wishing me ‘good luck’, Remus on the other hand stood next to Allesandro in case a brawl was about to break out.

“Padre.” I pleaded as my father began walking towards Sandro.

“Silencio.” He shouted, ignoring my worries.

To my surprise, papa didn’t throw any fists towards Allesandro but instead welcomed him with open arms.

“Finalmente, bienvenido al hijo de la familia.”

(Finally, welcome to the family son.)

For a few moments Allesandro stood still in shock before reciprocating my father’s hug.

Papa?” I asked confusedly as my brothers took Allesandro aside to chat.

“Mi angel. It’s so good to have you back home, finally all my children are under one roof.” Father cups my face in his hands and kisses the top pf my head, just as he did when I was a little girl.

“I always knew you and Sandro would end up together, I just couldn’t openly accept him because you would have rebelled against me and that could have torn your’ll apart. Having him go off with you to Stanford then LA put my mind and heart at ease.”

Te amo papa.” These were the only words I could muster up to say. After all this was one giant lie and now another heart was at stake.

“We must have a celebration tonight. Luis, tell the staff to start preparing and put together a guest list. My little girl has come home.”  My father instructs his house keeper who gets to work immediately.

“Rem, take your sister shopping for tonight. Rom, Sandro and I will take care of things here.”

It’s not necessary papa, I have plenty of clothes.”

“It’s true, out of the 14 suitcases we brought only 1 is mine.” Allesandro jokes while trying to back me up, he knew I could use this time to do some investigating.

“Nonsense, my baby deserves something new. Now go freshen up, I’ll see you later.”

Allesandro and I walked hand in hand up the spiral staircase while my father and brother’s went into his study. Once I reached my room, the smell of fresh linen sheets intoxicated my senses. The nostalgic feeling of being home could not compare to any other.

Memories of how Remus and I would build blanket forts and play for hours until Romulus would come and shout at us for making too much noise but then join in on the fun flooded my mind causing a smile to run across my face.

“That went well right?” Sandro asked, bringing my mind back to the present.

“I don’t know whether to be happy about the fact that my father likes you or terrified of the consequences when he finds out this is a sham.”

Before Sandro could answer, we were interrupted by a knock on the door. Of course within a few seconds they had already barged in.

End of p.o.v

“Alright, cut the crap. What’s really going on between you two?” Romulus demanded to know whilst Remus cocked an eyebrow at the engaged couple.

“What do you mean?” Athena questioned her brothers.

“We know this whole engagement thing isn’t real, especially since Athena was screwing her boss a week ago.”