The Truth Is A Matter Of Circumstance

-TWO YEARS LATER-

NATASHA'S POV-

"Wanda!" I call out. She lifts her head from a concentrated stare on her computer smiling. She makes her way inside my office shutting the door behind her.

"You know I'm very busy Natasha."

I hum "the IT guy came by this week to set up this new system look," I show her my computer screen "with one click and a computer ID number I can see what anyone on this floor is doing at any given time... the threat is supposed to boost productivity... and to avoid people using the work computer for personal use."

She hums as she nods her head "but you wouldn't put that on my computer, would you?"

I shake my head "No, no of course not."

She sighs happily.

"Go ahead though, book the hotel," I smirk.

"Huh? I thought you... you've been watching what I've been doing!"

I laugh, "no I told you I wouldn't, but you did just use my email to create an account on the hotel website."

"Sorry it's a habit... so I can book it?" She asks sweetly.

I nod my head, "we could use the weekend away."

She walks behind my chair, running her hands over my shoulders. She links her arms around my neck loosely as she bends down to my ear level kissing my neck and jaw, "thank you."

"Wanda," I breathe, "you should probably stop that."

Her hand toys with the necklace around my neck as she continues to leave light kisses along my neck up to my jaw.

"Everyone knows we're together... plus it's my way of saying sorry for last night."

Last night Wanda and I had been arguing over Maria. Wanda loves Maria but her trust issues are beyond repair, every business trip Maria and I take together Wanda's convinced something's happening. Normally, Wanda comes along too but with the growth of the firm this last year or so, I've needed someone, ironically, that I trust to stay here and keep things running smoothly.

Of course, nothing was or is happening with Maria, but she doesn't know that so every time I get back from a trip she's always a little down.

She knows deep down that I'd never cheat on her so she hardly ever brings up her worries with me, but Wanda is the type of girl who needs to get her emotions out, if she bottles them up all hell breaks loose once she finally lets them out, absolute chaos.

So, I'll spend hours and hours on end slowly prying them out of her and eventually she blurts out something along the lines of 'you and Maria spend a lot of time together or 'why does she look at you like that?'

Not to be that person but there really is nothing going on with Maria and I and she doesn't look at me any type of way, I'm not entirely sure she's even into women, besides the point, all that Wanda thinks she sees is just in her head.

That's not to say she's crazy, I'd be worried if it were the other way around, it goes both ways but I'd be lying if I didn't find it insulting every time she insinuates that I'm cheating.

Either way each time we argue Wanda feels guilty the next day for suggesting I'd cheat on her when she knows that I wouldn't.

"Wanda everything is fine, but you seriously have to stop that," I breathe heavily.

"Am I turning you on, Miss Romanoff?" She whispers.

I place my hand over hers, rubbing my thumb over her skin "It's like you want to get fucked on this desk," I say half-jokingly.