Chapter Ten: Fire Sign

CIAO!!!!!!

Do me a huge favor and make sure to vote, leave lots of feedback on this chapter, and share this story everywhere you can!! Can't wait to read all your comments!!!!!! :)

Kat <3333

I put a hand to my chest, where my heart was rapidly thumping from Lucius startling me out of nowhere.

He seemed to fill the hallway and my escape with his broad, towering frame, his body clad in the usual dark high-priced clothes, and his longish dark brown hair still styled a little messily with a wet appearance. I imagined how his dates had fun their fingers through it and felt a wave of jealousy inside myself.

"I thought the temperature went up a few notches," I said, crossing my arms over my chest to look more intimidating. "No glowing red eyes tonight?"

"Club Finale is an interesting choice of your friend's," Lucius said, completely disregarding my entire joke. "Real top of the tier nightclub. The perfect place to find a beardless Americano."

I laughed under my breath. Clearly, he was talking about Fletcher. "Fletcher is actually a really nice guy."
"Fletcher?" Lucius snickered.

"Is Lucius really any better? Or should I say, Luke."

His jaw ticked. "Yes, it is, and it's a nickname. You know how many Americanos butcher my name?"

"You know, Lucius is a very French name."

"My mother's father is French, her mother Italian." He leaned his shoulder on the wall, still standing so close to me that I could smell his cologne. Traces of cedar and undertone of something sweet, like a masculine vanilla. "You're one to talk, Korinna with a K. That's a Greek name if I've ever seen one."

"Guess my mother didn't want to be cliché." Realizing I was conversing with the enemy and mentioning my mother way too much in one day, brushed past him. "This has been, fun, but I'd actually rather be doing anything else right now..."

"You look beautiful in that dress."

I stopped in my tracks and turned over my shoulder, to find Lucius still propping his shoulder against the wall with his back to me and his hand in his pocket.

"Why are you even here?" I demanded.

He turned over so that he leaned his full back against the wall, his head turning to the right to look over at me. "I couldn't get anybody to come out tonight."

"Well, I don't need a babysitter."

"No offence, bella, but I don't give a fuck what you need," Lucius said, his nasty smirk like the sharpness of a blade. "I made a promise to your father, and I want him to respect me. Something you lost from him a long time ago when you started your little therapy route. It will be hilarious when he starts valuing my opinion over yours."

I felt so angry that my hand trembled with my glass in my hand.

Lucius strode toward me and checked his watch, the ruby on his left hand glimmering like the foreboding of something evil. "I'll make you a deal," Lucius said, and then he took the the ridiculous cherry drink straight from my hand and set it on a ledge lining the hallway wall behind me.

I felt my back hit that ledge as he loomed over me. "I don't make deals with the Devil."

"Take a cherry from my mouth," Lucius whispered into my face, "and I won't kill your new friend what you did to me on the porch."

Our stare lingered against each other's, the terror of his words gripping me. "You wouldn't do that."

"You don't know me very well then, tesoro mio." My treasure. My throat felt dry as he took the toothpick from my glass and pierced a bright red cherry with it, before lifting to his mouth. I watched him with rapt interest as he slowly slid it off the wooden toothpick with his lips, his eyes wickedly heavy against mine.