Twenty Five

Blair POV.
•••

I know what it looks like, well it probably looks like I'm like a whore. But I'm not, I'm just a girl with stupid life choices.

We have decided to drive straight to the beach house after dinner. Apparently the boys did not want to receive a talk from their mother. The rest of the dinner was sat in awkward silence.

So I'm in the car, with Emma and Noah. "You're kidding." Noah says looking back from his chair. We had just picked him up and told him about the latest dinner events. "But aww, he loves you." He's been awing about that since I've said it. "You're dumb Blair."

"Gee, thanks."

"No, I have to say it to you since no one else will. You're an idiot. And you have to pick."

"Pick what?"

"A brother." I groan when he says this.

"Tell me who to pick."

"This is hard Blair. I'm friends with you, Grayson, and Jake. So I can't tell you who, it needs to be your decision."

"Do you have a pick?"

"Yes, there's an obvious one." Noah says before turning back to face the front. "You're just too blind to see it."

***

The car ride is long and tiring. By the time we get to the house, everyone is already getting ready to go to bed. The house, as expected, is huge and gorgeous. Gracie had shown me up to my room on the second floor.

And now I'm laying in bed. Just looking at the moving fan. I need to go see Jake.

Not only do I miss him, I need to talk to him. My heart beats, at the sound of knocking at me door. It's as if Jake read my mind.

I hurry to the door and open it up. I don't bother trying to mask the shock on my face. "Grayson?"

"I love you."

And now, I feel as if my world is exploding. "What?" I say shocked.

"I love you, so pick me."

Tears start to swell in my eyes. And all the memories from before start to resurface. "Don't do this Grayson."

"Come on bee, pick me." He reaches for the side of my face.

"This isn't fair." I start to cry, he's being selfish. He knows he's the bad choice for me, he knows everything he's done. "You know you have this hold on me, please don't do this."

"He was always the perfect one." Grayson starts to say with bitterness on his tongue. "Even as a drugged up, fucked up, son I'm rehab. He was the perfect one, and I was the one who ruined him. I always wanted to be him, always was jealous of him. And now? Now he has you, and I don't want that."

He goes to wipe the tears on my cheek, but I pull back. "But you don't want me."

"Yes I do." He says getting irritated.

"Leave." I say.

"No Blair, this isn't over." He goes to reach for me again, and I back away.

"I need time to think, please just leave."

"No Blair..."

A monotone voice cuts him off. "I think she wants you to leave little bro."

Grayson's tone turns into one of anger. "Jake, this has nothing to do with you."

"I think this has everything to do with me." He says in a cool tone. I look at him through my wet eyelashes. Of course, that's how he is. Playing coy, leaning against the doorframe, acting as if he didn't have a care in the world.