Leanne

Celtic's house is surrounded by green dense forest. The air outside is cold and crisp, with no signs of pollution. I inhale deeply as I feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. Beautiful large flowers and exotic plants grew all along the base of the house. And abnormally tall trees shield the structure from prying eyes.

A cold hand on the small of my back sent chills to my spine, reminding me once again that I am not alone. I don't know how long I'd stayed here, admiring the view from the window. I turn to face Celtic and see that he is studying me. Does he want me to like his home? Gesturing toward the flowers I say "They are beautiful. I've never seen such colorful variety before."

His shoulders relax and he remove his hand from my back and walk away toward the main door. I watch as he place his hand on the wall next to the door. A second later I hear a soft click coming from somewhere in the wall. He'd just locked the only door to get in and out of this fortress, I notice with panic raising in my chest.

Celtic turn his body slightly toward me and lift his open palm, indicating that he wants me to place my hand in his. He doesn't say anything. He simply holds my gaze and wait for me to come to him. I do what he wants without hesitation. His body language is very clear - this is a command.

I lift a shaky hand and place it in his. The moment my fingertips touch his palm, I feel the cold rough texture of the material that covers his hands and body. The way it molds to him is unnatural... I am not longer sure if he is using some type of armor or if the black suit is part of him. I feel a cold chilling sensation spread through me at the contact, not for the first time. There is something sinister about Celtic. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Gently he encircle my wrist with his large palm and guide me forward until I stand in front of him, facing the gigantic metal door. With one large hand still holding my wrist he guide my hand and place it on a glass-looking spot on the wall. Nothing happens. I eye his large biceps flexing as thought he is trying to calibrate the right amount of strength to safely touch me. He is so close to my back that I can feel the cold radiating off his body.

I turn my head and crane my neck to look at him since he tower over me. He glance down at me briefly and resume guiding my hand to lay flat against the center of the glassy surface on the wall once again.

A warm light pressure against my palm surprises me, causing me to jump back against his steel solid chest. Celtic purr softly behind me and wrap his left arm around my abdomen to keep me in place. With his right hand still encircling my wrist he press my hand more firmly against the glassy surface on the wall. I feel the pressure running against my palm once more and try to stay calm. A faint click sound from somewhere on the wall, just like before, and the heavy metal door unlocks.

Celtic releases my wrist but his other arm is still wrapped around my middle, holding me tight against his armored torso. I stay still, knowing that he is not ready to let go of me just yet, for some reason. I can't argue or fight. I am alone and outnumbered. Compliance is the only survival response that my brain can come up with at the moment .

Survival is complicated and incredible. We are wired with a complex stress response system that allows us to survive hard things. So far, I have survived this otherworldly experience by compliance. I am doing the best I can. I am surviving the way I am designed to survive. I am no heroine. I am nobody on this planet.

I do not understand Yautja behaviors and mannerisms most of the time. Bet-Khar always seemed uncomfortable touching me. He even called me "shameless human" more than once. Zahraun in the other hand... arrggg, his image comes to my mind more often than it should. We all experience intrusive thoughts, I tell myself.

Zahraun enjoyed touching me. Actually, he fought Bal-Khan because of me. I do not understand him. Actually, no, I don't understand any of them. What am I suppose to do? What is expect of me besides compliance?