Four

April 10th

I peddle faster on my bike feeling the wind dance between my hair and hit me in my face, I'm speeding down the paths as cars pass me by on the road next to me.

Then suddenly I push down as hard as i can on the breaks when a fly flies directly into my mouth.

I jump of the bike throwing it to the ground and spit on the floor, yelling as I do so. See this is exactly why I don't go out or do things, Milo should keep his mouth shut.

There is nothing wrong with staying home because once you venture out into the wild like now- shit like this happens.

I wipe my mouth rapidly with the back of my hand, disgusted that I nearly swallowed a whole bug. Like that one women in that children's book my mother used to read to me.

"Fancy seeing you here" I freeze before swiftly turning around dropping my arms to my sides and of course, he is here. It's almost like the world hates me, oh wait- it does.

"What are you doing here?" I grit out crossing my arms and glaring at Milo's stupid face.

We're near a forest, I just wanted to bike around in peace and to get my mind off of things. Nothing specific, mainly just everything. My father, my mother, having no social life- no friends, college. Everything.

Really I'm having a crisis and Milo put me here when he said that I had no life- which I clearly do. I nearly swallowed a fly and I could have died, if that's not thrilling and counts as a good adventurous life then I don't know what does.

Milo quirks a brow at me and he half smirks- which I want to wipe off of his face with my knuckles, "I'm just exploring my new town, why did you jump of your bike? Couldn't ride it?" He walks to me and I roll my eyes.

"Ha ha. Funny" I grab my bike and go to turn around but I feel his presence right behind me, creepy may I say.

"Hey," I jump and turn around seeing how close he is, furrowing my brows at him I take a step back and give him a look of question. "Do you know where a waterfall is, I can't find it anywhere."

I roll my eyes again at that because he can't really be that stupid can he. "You're at the front of the forrest, where the fuck do you think it'd be?" He turns around looking through the trees scratching at the back of his head.

I knew what was coming but I still hoped he wouldn't say it, "could you maybe show me it? I know that it's in there somewhere but the paths are confusing-" not really since there's signs everywhere but sure. "And I don't want to get lost" he chuckles lightly but it dies down awkwardly as I just stare at him with a blank face.

We stand in silence for a moment or two before I realise that I'd probably have to show him the stupid waterfall.

I drop my bike again, which nearly lands on his toes, and walk past him into the trees. I hear him hurrying behind me.

"Thank you" he tells me after a moment but I don't care, I'm only doing it because if he gets lost in the woods I'd be to blame since I was the last one seen with him. And he's new to town so it's only fair.

He fiddles with his beanie that hides most of his hair but stray strands still poke out. His eyes are twinkling, he looks sort of pretty when the sun beams hit him in the face through the trees every so often.

Did I actually call him pretty?

I don't let it spook me that I had just said that and look away when he sees me staring, I don't let it embarrass me or my thoughts fluster me because that would be weak.

And I am not weak.

I've learned not to be.

"What you thinking?" My head snaps his way but I give a side shrug, nothing really. Just everything.