Chapter 11

Talk"
'

Think'
"Parseltongue"
Chapter 11 – Magical Guardian
After Harry found the room and introduced his group to the founders time moved quick. They learned that the room was the founder's common room. When the founders were alive they all had a door made in their bedrooms to lead to this room. When they died their bedrooms disappeared but the common room and the other rooms stayed. There were three doors. One door lead to the modernized bathroom, one to the founder's personal library and the last was a large dorm room (it was once the entrance to the founder's separate bed chambers as the founders told them) with beds for all of them.
Weeks passed with Harry spending time with both his godparents, writing letters to his aunt who was going to be opening her café on Christmas break and spending time with his friends. He hadn't gotten too far in his blood magic book but he had started in on the founder's library. Harry and Hermione spent most of their free time in that room reading everything they could get their hands on. The others spent many hours in the library too but not as much time as them. Harry was a natural with magic and it showed in and out of the classroom. Most of his teachers liked him and he was at the top of his classes. He was first, Hermione and Draco tied for second and with help, Neville was in third. The twins were in the top five of their own classes but they continued to play pranks and jokes. Harry felt happier than he had ever felt before. That gave him his first clue that something was about to go wrong. Harry just sat down to breakfast with his group at the Slytherin table. He kept looking to the windows for the owls. He wanted his aunt's letter.
"Harry, calm down. Your aunt's letter will get here with the rest of the letters. It won't get lost." Draco rolled his eyes at the boy next to him.
"What is in that letter that you want so badly?" Neville asked. They had never seen Harry this fidgety.
Harry sighed, turning back to the table. "The charges against my uncle finally went through. He was convicted by Muggle court and was sent to magical court and convicted. He was sentenced to minimum security in Azkaban for life. What I am waiting on is the verdict of where Dudley is going to live. Aunty wants him to live with her so she might be able to help him change but Vernon's sister is fighting for custody too. Aunty found out yesterday and if she won she will be picking up Dudley today."
"Do you want him to live with you and your aunt?" Hermione didn't like the idea but she knew that Harry had a different way of looking at things.
Harry took a long sip of his tea and drunk his potion before answering. "I don't know 'mione. Part of me wants a chance to get to know who my cousin could have been but a different part of me is afraid. I'm afraid that I will never be family to people who should be my family. I want to be accepted. I never hated him you know. It isn't entirely his fault how he has turned out so far. Uncle had the most sway with keeping aunty away from her own son most of the time and all."
The others stayed silent. Harry never admitted that he was afraid of something. He always seemed fearless to them. They also could understand his reasoning for wanting to get to know the cousin who used to hurt him. They ate to fill up the time. 15 minutes before breakfast was over owls flooded the room dropping letters. Hedwig swooped low to land beside Harry's plate. Harry took the letter as quickly and carefully as he could. He didn't want to hurt his girl.
'Harrison,
I got custody of Dudley. I will be homeschooling him and have him help work in the café with me to keep him out of trouble. I am going to get him to understand that the way his father viewed the world was wrong and how both of them treated you wasn't right either. It will take time to undo the damage that man did to him. He will be a different person by the time you see this summer, he won't be adjusted by winter though.
On that note… Malfoy has invited you to their winter gala. You can spend the break with them if you wish. I would like for you to be with me for the first couple of days but…"
Harry blinked. The letter just stopped there. He looked to Hedwig. "Girl did you take this letter from aunty or from her desk?"
His answer wasn't given. Dumbledore stood up. "Before the meal ends we have a resorting to do. Harry Potter, please up here." Harry was surprised that Dumbledore had waited the required month before a resorting could be done. He also felt anger at the idea that the headmastewr thought he could control him. He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths.
He felt Hermione tense next to him. Her voice rose so all in the hall could hear her. "His name is Harrison Evans and what right does the headmaster have to dictate when a student gets resorted without said student asking to be resorted."
"Harry, come up here to be resorted, my boy." Dumbledore was standing proud ignoring all the glares directed his way from the Ravens and even from the Snakes.
"No. I am more than happy in my house. I do not wish to be resorted." Harry felt Hermione wrap her arms around his right, holding him like he was going to be taken.
"My boy, you–" Dumbledore was cut off by the hall door open. Harry felt his mouth drop in shock. There stood Petunia in a black long sleeve dress and black heeled boots. Her hair was up in a soft bun, and light makeup on her face. Her face was red from anger and her breath quick like she had been running. Dudley stood behind her in clean jeans and a nice button up white shirt and had a look on his face like he would rather be anywhere else.
"Dumbledore!" 'Shit' His aunt was pissed if she was yelling in a room full of children. "What is the meaning of this? I get a letter this morning telling me that as my Harrison's magical guardian you want to not only have him resorted but taken from my custody and be put into yours! I will not stand for this. Harrison will have a new magical guardian before this hour is over."
"Madam," Dumbledore wasn't happy. The whole school was watching with great attention. "Why do we not speak in private?"
"Oh I don't think so old man." She turned her attention to Snape. "Severus you are on good grounds with my Harrison now, are you not?" Snape could only nod in awed shock before she turned to McGonagall. "Minerva McGonagall, you are also on good grounds with my Harrison?" McGonagall nodded. "Good. I took the liberty of asking for some magic guardianship paper to be made up in case Dumbledore ever tried something like this. Looks like it's a good thing they came in last week and I was at court today. They are filled out, all you two need to do is sign. Will one or both of you step up to be his magical guardian?"
The hall was silent. anyone who knew even the basics about the wizarding world knew that this was a big deal. Magical guardians were held to a high standard in the magical world. They were normally godparents, people you trust to take and raise the child if the need came up. The Magical Guardian also helped make many school decisions. Snape nodded right along with McGonagall. Papers appeared in front of them to sign.
Dumbledore wasn't happy as he tried to salvage his plans. He drew up to his full height to intimidate the woamn before him. "Madam, I am Harry's Magical Guardian and I am also the Headmaster of this school. You were not invited. You-"
Petunia interrupted again. "Parents and guardians of a student are allowed inside the school at any given time as long as they mean no harm to any student. Only muggles who don't know of this school can't see it and enter, something you must have forgotten about if you really thought you could pull this stunt off. All resorting have to be written down and all guardians are notified. I got my notification in court today. I wouldn't have let my Harrison come to this school if I couldn't get to him and stop you from over-steping your bounds." She made her way to the teacher's table to stand on even ground with the man she has come to hate. "I don't need your permission to do a damned thing when it comes to my boy and visiting him here."
Dudley left his place by the door to stand beside Harry, wanting to be by someone familiar. Harry ignored his cousin, to share a look with his group. They all had a look of surprise and an underline look of glee at seeing the headmaster being knocked down off his high horse. A quick look around the Snakes and the Ravens show the same hidden glee in their own eyes. With a small smirk on his face he turned back to the show.
Petunia had a copy of both magical guardian papers, the originals already magically filed in the Ministry of Magic. "Headmaster Dumbledore," the title was said with such sarcasm that many students were surprised it wasnt visable to the eye.. "I will have no problem dragging you to court if you overstep into my own or my Harrison's life again. You are but a school headmaster, nothing more."
With that said she turned on her heels and walked away. She made her way to Harry sitting at the Slytherin table with his friends and Dudley. She bent over to kiss Harry on the head. "Send me a letter if you need anything and remember to go to either Severus or McGonagall if Dumbledore steps out of line again."
"Of course Aunty. Have a safe trip back home." Harry gave her a charming smile.
The hall was silent as they all watched Petunia leave with Dudley following her. A glance at his watch told Harry it was time for class. "Meet up in Silver room when class is over."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry and Draco spent potions in silence working on their potion. The class was like any other time. The Ravens and Snakes pretending nothing of interest happened at breakfast. Harry knew that lunch with the Gryffindors and the Hufflepuff was going to be loud. When class ended they made their way to what they now dibed as 'their room'. They were the first ones there and the founders greeted them as they entered. Harry left Draco to fill the founders in on what happened at breakfast to find a book in his bag to read. He pulled out the first book he touched. He gave a sigh as he found he had grabbed Blood Magic but opened to read more anyway. The rest of their friends came and settled into the common room as he read.
'History has shown that only some can use blood magic. In my many years of research I believe I have found the reason for it. There are three types of magic users. The first are the most common have a magic core that is wrapped up tightly when they are born. As they grow the core slowly uncoil to help the body become assimilated with the magic. When there magic hits its maturity it will stop uncoiling, as it is all the way uncoiled, and start syncing with the body. Many magic users in this category are never able to sync with their magic completely.
'Now the second type of magic user is harder to find. They are born with their magic already assimilated with their body. They have an easier time syncing their magic and body. Not all can as when their magic hits maturity it stops growing and likes to settle in whatever state it was in at the time. Most blood magic users from this category as their magic is freer in their bodies.
'The last type of magic user is the rarest type. Their magic never need assimilated or synced with their bodies. Their magic is already a part of their bodies when they were born. It flows in their blood with each heartbeat. They are more than just a magic user but a child of magic itself. Every child born in this category is a natural blood user.'
Harry stopped reading at this. He thought back to the discussion at lunch about magic. Didn't they say that people had a coiled core? They didn't mention the second one or the last. He looked up to ask Draco a question to see the others were in the room too. "Draco."
Draco turned from his conversation with Salazar to give Harry his attention. The others turned from their own conversations to listen. Harry continued, "When we were talking about magic the day I became the king, why didn't anyone mention that there are three types of magic users?"
Draco opened his mouth to answer but paused momentarily. "I was unaware there are three types of magic users."
"Of course there are. What are you children being taught?" Rowena asked shaking her head. She waited for them to all listen. "The three types of magic users are broken down as Coiled core, free core, and magic childe. As I am sure you just read Harrison, a coiled core is the most common magic user. These are the ones you all know I take it?" a round of nodded answered her. "Open cores are not completly uncommon but they are harder to find. They are the ones who already have their core open and it grows until they hit magical maturity. Now the last is the rarest magic user. They are magic childe. Their magic is mixed with their blood, part of their soul."
"Magic childe. How do you tell who belongs to what category?" Harry asked moving so Hermione could sit on the arm of his chair, wanting a clear look at the founders.
"It's a simple test really." Helga was the one to answer. "In our time all students had to take it first year. Just take your wand and focus all the magic you can into the wand. It will glow and depending on the color it is depends on the type of user you are."
Harry knew what he was from just the description in the book and what Rowena said but he pulled out his wand just like the others did. They all shared a look. 'Who would go first?' passed unspoken. Fred stood and closed his eyes. A minute later his wand was glowing blue. He smiled and sat. George stood in his brother's place. He mimicked the motions and got the same blue. Neville went next, with Draco following, and Hermione finishing. They all shared the blue glow. They watched Harry as he slowly stood. Harry closed his eyes and just let himself feel his magic. He relaxed feeling it pulse in his veins and let it flow freely into his wand. He didn't hear the gasps of surprise from the founders, or Hermione saying how pretty the color was. He just felt his magic.
He slowly pulled himself out of the feeling, making a note to start meditating again. He opened his eyes to see shock and wonder. Salazar was the first to speak. "You already know what you are but to the rest of you. Harrison is a magic childe."
Harry sat back down. He leaned onto Hermione gently as Gryffindor chose to explain the blue color. "Now the blue the rest of you glowed put you all into the free core category, that's one reason why you all banded together. You all were sub consciously pulled together by your magic. Now Harry here glowed white" Gryffindor smiled before quickly adding to what he just said as a thought crosed him mind. "and you all just like him. You would feel no pull or push from him." Harry almost laughed. Just from that you could tell that Gryffindor was once a teacher, he was worried that his words would cause them to think that their friendship was all because their magic pulled them together. Their magic could pull them together all it wanted but it was thier personalities that made their friendship.
Hermione watched Harry, pulling his head back to look at his face. Harry only gave her a confused look as she smoothed his hair back from his face to get a better look at him. She turned back to the founders. "It sounds like magic children are different from us in more than just magic."
"That would be because, in a way, they are. Harrison was a gift. One of his parents did something a higher power liked and as a reward he was gifted to them. Now he is still human like his parents were. He just was created from magic. With that said because he was created by magic, a higher power will favor him. One will see him as their own child on earth but that doesn't stop them from favoring coiled cores or free core either. " Rowena explained to them.
"A gift hum? I wonder what my parents did." Harrison mused out loud. He listened as Draco called a Hogwarts' elf to bring them some food so they didn't have to leave just yet.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry happily made his way with Neville to DADA. As always they were first to class. Professor Quirrell was sitting at his desk working on some papers. Harry sat in his normal spot in the middle of the class. Neville pulled out his book to review and read ahead like Harry and Hermione had taught him during their study sessions. Harry on the other hand, just watched the teacher. Quirrell caught his attention during his first class and since then Harry had been watching him. There were times when his voice would change to a smooth baritone instead of the stuttering tenor. During these times his eyes would change from their brown to a deep wine red that felt like they could see into your soul. Harry had become accustomed to the small prickles from behind his scar he received every time this change happened but it did nothing for his curiosity. If anything it made his curiosity worse.
Harry's attention moved from the teacher to Neville who asked him to explain a part in the book about defensive shields. When he finished the rest of the class was finding their seats. He felt the prickle and turned back to the teacher. Quirrell's wine eyes were looking straight at him. Harry locked his eyes into a stare. He felt a gentle brush a magic against his mind barrier, almost questioning. The soft chime of the clock on the professor's desk broke their staring contest.
Harry leaned back feeling Amara slither out from his inner pocket, making herself comfortable wrapped around his shoulders. He found that Amara liked watching in most of his classes. Nightshade soon followed her lead, climbing out of the same pocket, he magically expanded to fit both of them in their growing state, to nuzzled into his chest. Harry gave a soft smile down to his black and silvered eyed little one. He positioned his arm across his stomach to give her a ledge to climb. She was soon dosing on his shoulder, being held onto by Amara's tail wrapped around her middle.
Harry let the class pass by him listening to a mix of stuttering and smooth words. He ignored the wine eyes that watched him as he closed his eyes relaxing. Neville asked a question or two, which Harry had no trouble answering without opening or breaking his relaxed state. To everyone but Neville and the professor, he was asleep.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Dumbledore sat in his office in a rage. Everything that was once on his desk was scattered on the floor. Some were broken but he paid them no mind. All his thoughts were centered on one person, one boy. Harrison Evans didn't do anything he wanted him to do. He wanted him to be resorted but no. Petunia Evans shows up and yells at him in front of the whole school. Him! He filed for custody as magical guardian but Petunia has put a stop to that by having both Snape and McGonagall replace him.
Snape, he could have stopped but McGonagall didn't even want give up the boy to his aunt in the first place. Now when she has a chance to get to know that boy who was her godson, she was going to hold onto it tooth and nail. There was nothing he could say to her to make her step down and to even bring it up would only push her out of his control. He couldn't have that.
He needed a new plan of action. He still had the third floor but the only question was how he was going to get that boy to go there. On top of all that he got a letter from Gringotts saying he was to pay back all the money they found he took. That boy wasn't to know about all his vaults either.
Dumbledore ate one of his lemon drops. He wanted the plan back on track. He wanted that boy under his control, not making his own decisions.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Thanks for reading and please review! I enjoy reading what you think. It fuels my