59-Because of You

2.7k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
"One last stop." My heavy boots clicked against the metal of the ship as I made my way towards the ramp. I pressed the button to lower it down and my beautiful wife's (e/c) eyes curiously peered into the night.

Her gaze slowly shifted around as her brows furrowed - clearly not recognizing where we were. Not that I blamed her, this place looked vastly different under the moonlight; plus her view still remained limited.

She turned her gaze away from the grassy floor to me, "Where are we?"

I smiled as I offered my hand, "Come with me and find out."

She eagerly placed her hand in mine and I led her down the ramp. After a few moments, she gasped, realizing where we were; only I had it mildly decorated, thanks to a few helpful clones.

"Anakin this is perfect," She praised the view in-front of us with a squeal of excitement.

We were currently at the meadows on Naboo, the beautiful place that I finally asked her to be my wife. I remember how scared I was that day, and not because I had the fear of her saying no, but because I was afraid to fully let my walls down and allow another person to occupy my heart.

I never had any intention of loving this girl when I found her and brought her to Coruscant with me. All I wanted to do was help her, among other sinful things, but I'm a man and I thought she was incredibly beautiful. I can't be blamed for wanting to divulge in other types of activities with her. With her consent of course, which is what I patiently waited for given her difficult past that still makes my blood boil till this day.

But at some point I found myself falling madly in love with her. This girls smile made my days better in the blink of an eye, her laugh uplifted my mood no matter how upset I was at the time, and her presence alone brought me a sense of tranquility that I had never known before. She warmed my heart in ways that I thought were lost to me, and she brought meaning back to my life.

I denied those feelings of love for a long time, and it wasn't until she said them to me that drunken night where I finally allowed myself to acknowledge them as well. I allowed myself to not be afraid of those feelings, and it was the best decision I ever made.

I pulled her towards the part of the field that had numerous fireflies—similar to the Felucian fireflies—surrounding the area. Their presence created a beautiful illumination that highlighted our features along with the moonlight.

There was also a small picnic set up, kind of similar to the one we had the day I proposed, and it was in the perfect spot where we could hear the waterfalls crashing; a soothing sound that we both enjoyed.

"You know, since we left our own reception early, we never got to have our last, private dance." I placed my hand on her hip while the other gently locked with her fingers.

She furrowed her brows, "That's a thing?"

I nodded with a chuckle, I sometimes found her lack of knowledge for certain things kind of humorous. It's one of the reasons I planned the wedding more than she did. She had no idea what a wedding was supposed to be like, all she knew was the concept. But at the same time it made me sad knowing why she hardly knew anything about the outside world, she was trapped in a limited shell her whole life.