Wanda Maximoff x Reader- Different P2

Y/N's P.O.V.

It took me weeks to feel somewhat comfortable around the Avengers.
Months for me to begin to trust them.
Wanda helped, a lot. She was my best friend. Both her and Natasha were fiercely protective of me, especially considering that sometimes some of the boys in the tower could be more than a little mean.
Clint was also quite protective of me, but that was because of something Natasha called his 'Dad Instinct'. Apparently he had a habit of trying to adopt people.

"Wanda?" I asked quietly, knocking on the girl's bedroom door.
It was late and I doubted Wanda would be awake, but that was okay. It wasn't unusual for us to visit each other in the night. Wanda often had nightmares and I suffered with insomnia.
Some mornings I'd wake up with the brunette curled into my side and some mornings Wanda would wake to me half-asleep, sitting against her headboard with a book in my hands.

"No." My best friend muttered as I closed the door. I froze as she rolled over.
"No, no, no, please." Her words were mumbled and I looked at her carefully. I had never seen her have a nightmare and I wasn't entirely sure what to do.
I had read that waking someone during a nightmare was dangerous- or maybe that was about sleepwalking. I couldn't remember.

"Wanda?" I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed. She turned again, becoming increasingly agitated.

"No!" She struggled and I put my hands on her arms, not wanting her to hurt herself in any way. The red spark on her fingers made my eyes widen as things began to fly around the room.

"Wanda, come on." I shook her slightly, before panicking and placing my hands either side of her head. I hated using my power to control people. It was terrifying how easy it was for me to override someone's free will.
"Wake up." Her eyes shot open, their usual green a glowing red, and she sat up quickly, everything that was once flying around dropping to the floor.
"Wanda? I'm sorry, I had to wake you using my power, I didn't-" She sat up quite suddenly, wrapping her arms around me and holding me tight. I hugged her back instantly, worry and guilt building up in my chest.

"I was back there, in Sokovia." She sniffled as I shifted us both so that we were in a more comfortable position.
"The bomb..." Wanda had told me about the night hers and Pietro's parents died.

"You're not there anymore, you're here, with me." I reminded, rubbing circles into her back and holding her close.
"You're safe."

"Thank you for waking me up." She muttered.

"You're not mad?" I asked and she shook her head, no, as she detached herself from the hug.
"I thought-"

"It's okay." She reassured.
"Can't sleep?" My sigh was enough to answer her question. We fell into a comfortable silence and the only sound that could be heard was the rain outside.
I looked at Wanda, who clearly hand something on her mind. I didn't have to say anything to get her to confess, I just had to wait for her eyes to meet mine.
"It's stupid."

"I doubt it." I gave her a small smile.

"It is... I just... can we cuddle?" She asked after some hesitation.
I frowned, confused as to why she felt like she had to ask.
"I mean, really cuddle? Like... girlfriends would? It's weird, I know-"

"Wanda, we're weird. It's kind of our thing." I gave her a small smile.
"Of course we can cuddle." Her cheeks burned almost as red as her magic and I shifted slightly.
"How do you want to cuddle, exactly?" After lots of moving around and Wanda's embarrassed muttering, I was laid on the bed, Wanda on top of me, our legs tangled together and our arms wrapped around each other. I used my magic to drag the sheets over us, Wanda's head resting on my chest.

"This isn't uncomfortable for you?" Wanda asked quietly, a sleepy undertone in her voice.

"Not at all. Get some sleep." I smiled, reaching up and moving her hair out of her face.
"I'll protect you from the nightmares." Without thinking, I pressed a kiss to her head, causing her to hum.

"G'night, Y/N." She muttered, but before I could reply she muttered something else.
"I love you."

"I love you too, Wanda." I whispered, smiling slightly, my cheeks burning.